• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran Bid: Is it closed? Results?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since 717CA will stay on AirTran pay until January 1, 2015 I'm guessing it's more about the shorter-term . . . guys wanting to stay in ATL or TPA domiciles.

Of course, our Pilots with multiple ex-wives (or multiple current wives) may be looking towards that future raise. :D

This is pretty much it in a nutshell.

Slaquer5, I think you're comments with respect to Lear's attitude are somewhat harsh. We are all on the same team now, and while he was passionate during the lengthy debate, he has probably been one of the best at putting things behind him and in perspective moving forward. What I conclude from Lear’s rather good analysis is that it really isn’t about just the seat but, significantly QOL, and what one thinks they will be able to hold on Jan 2015. The movement, I believe, will be amazingly fluid and the options open to all of us at that point, significant. I would assume that those who live in one of the 8 SWA domiciles wouldn’t mind driving to work, and if already qualified on the 737, take the paid drink fest to DAL for “training.” Both SWA and the Transformers have, without exception, bad apples that will refuse to “get over it.” But boards like these - while sometimes over heated with vitriol, disrespect and otherwise filled with bitter enmity and things that we wouldn’t say in each other’s presence - do have a cathartic purpose.

Moving forward, I think most will be positive except for the always bitter PPruner’s and SWAPA forum regulars. Remember, even with a sputtering economy, WE, are poised nicely to take advantage of opportunities as they arise. The only negative I can see may be on the East Coast as the fences come down and it becomes a free for all.

New Jet order schedule:
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/12/southwest-airlines-lays-out-59.html
or
http://www.pprune.org/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Faviationblog.dallasnews.com%2Farchives%2F2011%2F12%2Fsouthwest-airlines-lays-out-59.html

Obviously, the 300’s (165) and 500’s (25) as of 30 Sep 11 will be retired one for one according to the CFO, but there should be growth. Just read on the SWAPA site a copy of the AT MEC Chair that mentions 2%.

As for rumors, we had a guy out of the training house on the JS who now says they’re peddling the following:
-DEN base announced soon (thought this was out but seems back on the table).
-LAX base for ETOPS this Fall.
-500’s gone by end of next year along with some 300’s as well.
-Big push to the South before HI.
-By 2015 this place will see huge change. If above rumors true 12 total domiciles equals huge flexibility or vacancy confusion if you have my bidding skills.

And facts:
-265 retirements by Jan 1 2015.
-140 new hires starting training in 1Q 2012.
-Profit sharing for all NOW.

Slaquer5, I think you're comments with respect to Lear's attitude are somewhat harsh. We are all on the same team now, and while he was passionate during the lengthy debate, he has probably been one of the best at putting things behind him and in perspective moving forward. What I conclude from Lear’s rather good analysis is that it really isn’t about just the seat but, significantly QOL, and what one thinks they will be able to hold on Jan 2015. The movement, I believe, will be amazingly fluid and the options open to all of us at that point, significant. I would assume that those who live in one of the 8 SWA domiciles wouldn’t mind driving to work, and if already qualified on the 737, take the paid drink fest to DAL for “training.” Both SWA and the Transformers have, without exception, bad apples that will refuse to “get over it.” But boards like these - while sometimes over heated with vitriol, disrespect and otherwise filled with bitter enmity and things that we wouldn’t say in each other’s presence - do have a cathartic purpose.

Moving forward, I think most will be positive except for the always bitter PPruner’s and SWAPA forum regulars. Remember, even with a sputtering economy, WE, are poised nicely to take advantage of opportunities as they arise. The only negative I can see may be on the East Coast as the fences come down and it becomes a free for all.

New Jet order schedule:
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/12/southwest-airlines-lays-out-59.html
or
http://www.pprune.org/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Faviationblog.dallasnews.com%2Farchives%2F2011%2F12%2Fsouthwest-airlines-lays-out-59.html

Obviously, the 300’s (165) and 500’s (25) as of 30 Sep 11 will be retired one for one according to the CFO, but there should be growth. Just read on the SWAPA site a copy of the AT MEC Chair that mentions 2%.

As for rumors, we had a guy out of the training house on the JS who now says they’re peddling the following:
-DEN base announced soon (thought this was out but seems back on the table).
-LAX base for ETOPS this Fall.
-500’s gone by end of next year along with some 300’s as well.
-Big push to the South before HI.
-By 2015 this place will see huge change. If above rumors true 12 total domiciles equals huge flexibility or vacancy confusion if you have my bidding skills.

And facts:
-265 retirements by Jan 1 2015.
-140 new hires starting training in 1Q 2012.
-Profit sharing for all NOW.

Nice post. There will be some near-term pain, but over the long run, hopefully, it will be beneficial for all.

Any talk of an ATL 737 domicile?

Our Merger Committee is saying that it probably won't be until after the transition is complete in 2015.

This is true. Lots of angry people on our internal forum, and Lear is trying to calm everyone down and get them to move forward. Attacking him makes no sense.

Maybe just on your forum but not what I encountered. I jumseated on Airtran yesterday and both the Captain and F/O were excited in a positive way and said they got off like bandits regarding the seniority list. The Captain was downgrading and the F/O was going to the 717. Neither one said they were angry and both said several times how most pilots over there were excited about the seniority list and thought it was actually better than what they expected. I quote the Capatin "I was planning on a staple and would have been happy but with this list I am ecstatic and even fell a little guilty towards the swa guys."

Maybe just on your forum but not what I encountered. I jumseated on Airtran yesterday and both the Captain and F/O were excited in a positive way and said they got off like bandits regarding the seniority list. The Captain was downgrading and the F/O was going to the 717. Neither one said they were angry and both said several times how most pilots over there were excited about the seniority list and thought it was actually better than what they expected. I quote the Capatin "I was planning on a staple and would have been happy but with this list I am ecstatic and even fell a little guilty towards the swa guys."

A modern classic. Kudos sir. I'd suggest an update to Wiki immediately.

Our Merger Committee is saying that it probably won't be until after the transition is complete in 2015.

Not sure which group knows more (or less) and this thing is probably pretty Fluid right now BUT...
Not what I heard last week from a SW ACP, they are told announcement in Jan. 2012 for opening first quarter 2013. CP is leaving MCO in Jan. To become A/T "liason" for SW management in ATL.

Later,
KBB

Not sure which group knows more (or less) and this thing is probably pretty Fluid right now BUT...
Not what I heard last week from a SW ACP, they are told announcement in Jan. 2012 for opening first quarter 2013. CP is leaving MCO in Jan. To become A/T "liason" for SW management in ATL.

Later,
KBB

I hope you're right. Much like Dicko, I don't place a whole lot of value on what our MC says, so I'd bet your ACP has better info. It would be much better for our pilots if a 737 domicile opened in ATL, and I'm sure there are plenty of SWA pilots interested in a new domicile as well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back