• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran Bid: Is it closed? Results?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was able to take a tour of the BWI crew room the other day. The SWA pilots were very hospitable. Thanks for the friendly welcome.

Maybe just on your forum but not what I encountered. I jumseated on Airtran yesterday and both the Captain and F/O were excited in a positive way and said they got off like bandits regarding the seniority list. The Captain was downgrading and the F/O was going to the 717. Neither one said they were angry and both said several times how most pilots over there were excited about the seniority list and thought it was actually better than what they expected. I quote the Capatin "I was planning on a staple and would have been happy but with this list I am ecstatic and even fell a little guilty towards the swa guys."

Good to hear. My bud had an Airtran jumpseater that said "Gary Kelly can go ******************** himself!". I don't blame him for being passed. After the downgrade he'll be lucky to make an extra $10 grand a year as an FO.

Gup

It's all good. AT peeps and SWA peeps are cut from the same cloth. Trying to get the same job done. GK said arbitration wasn't the way to go and both sides didn't feel like testing the waters too much. Ive met at least one senior SWA Capt who isn't too pleased with GK either. Maybe he chose to be the bad guy for a reason...

Not sure which group knows more (or less) and this thing is probably pretty Fluid right now BUT...
Not what I heard last week from a SW ACP, they are told announcement in Jan. 2012 for opening first quarter 2013. CP is leaving MCO in Jan. To become A/T "liason" for SW management in ATL.

Later,
KBB

True. Front Range.

Gup,

Uppercrust was spoofing. He's a bit of a legend when it comes to AirTran related threads.

You're the guy that always ends up drinking the cup at the end of the party from what I have heard.:laugh: Come out Ty!

Damn Crust talk about taking it to the next level. Remind me not to piss in your corn flakes. Having said that, the training plan for 2012 can kiss my ...

Latest resources

Back