• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tahoma Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been reading about how awful these guys are on this message board for YEARS. I had honestly thought they were shut down since I hadn't seen a thread on them in such along time.

I seem to recall something about legal threats against Flightinfo by Air Tahoma.

Anyways, looked at the article and the names, here is a webpage of the captain
http://www.ruand.com/Main.html

WOW! Looking at that web page and what Urs has flown, he looks like an old school pilot with some balls. Damn, half his work has been in and out of Africa. May the pilots rest in peace.

Captain Jimmy Monahan

Jimmy Monahan had just reached his 20th year with ATA only days before the company went TU. He was a well-respected L1011 Captain, who also had extensive experience in previous lives with many older transport category aircraft. He was a pleasure to fly with, and even more fun to drink beer with in exotic locales.

My condolences to his family. God give your soul rest, Jimmy.

The scumbags at GAL have claimed another victim.

Does the 580 have a CVR on it? I'm sure that will give some answers on why that happend! During my tenure there we seized a motor on a 240, and returned. That capt. didn't request emergency sevices either.

Just found out today that Jim was onboard. Another nice guy.
ATA has lost 3 pilots this summer, I flew with all three. This was the first due to an aviation accident, the other two were equally tragic, but natural causes.

D@mn ATA.

Latest resources

Back