• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tahoma Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does the 580 have a CVR on it? I'm sure that will give some answers on why that happend! During my tenure there we seized a motor on a 240, and returned. That capt. didn't request emergency sevices either.

Yes it should have both a CVR and FDR. But the power sources are not all that failsafe so they may have been interrupted depending on the circumstances.

I seem to recall something about legal threats against Flightinfo by Air Tahoma.

Anyways, looked at the article and the names, here is a webpage of the captain
http://www.ruand.com/Main.html

My thoughts and prayers for the friends and families of the crews.

At one point the censoring program would not allow one to write "Air Tahoma"...my guess is that in a time that regionals were hiring hot and heavy some of the things that were being expressed here hurt their ability to find crewmembers.

The power of Flifo...who woulda thunk it. I used to fly with an ex-Tahoma guy and verified many of the things I had read here.

There were some truths and some BS but in the end it all caught up with 'em. I wonder if this is the end of Air Tahoma? Will they be added to the list of recently failed airlines?

B.S.?? Your kidding right? If you have this many people saying its F****Ed up... its F***ed up! I know I have been there! Have you??

Exactly right

My thoughts and prayers for the friends and families of the crews.

At one point the censoring program would not allow one to write "Air Tahoma"...my guess is that in a time that regionals were hiring hot and heavy some of the things that were being expressed here hurt their ability to find crewmembers.

The power of Flifo...who woulda thunk it. I used to fly with an ex-Tahoma guy and verified many of the things I had read here.

Ignorance (lack of knowledge) is always a bad thing.

We can read about what color any given movie star's panties are on FI, or what right-wing schizo is doing what, but many times good aviation information is blocked. It's a damn shame.

My condolences to the families.

RIP CREW.

Ignorance is one thing, but attorneys following aviation around is a entire other thing.

RIP. Sad to see 3 more aviators pass in an Air Tahoma Convair.

Latest resources

Back