• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Air France

Green

Total Time
Anybody know the details on the Air France accident in Toronto?

ironspud

Total Time
>20000
No. But I did hear that the passengers - being French - ran away really well.

islandhopper

Clone War veteran
Total Time
5000+
ironspud said:
No. But I did hear that the passengers - being French - ran away really well.

typical

A350

Keeping my 2.5%
Total Time
Looks like a windshear event or a hydroplaning problem.....have also heard the aircraft was hit by lightning which on an airbus could knock out the normal braking system.

Time will tell the tale....

A350

islandhopper

Clone War veteran
Total Time
5000+

ferlo

Banned
mohammed is the BOMB!!!!
Total Time
There must not be any word in the French Language for

MICROBURST or

WINDSHEAR or

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM

"Sacre Blu!!!"

Cpt. Underpants

Super Hero
Total Time
23000+
Even if it's in jest, assuming that an Air France aircraft contains only French nationals is asinine.

While you're checking my spelling, look up "xenophobia"

Joking about burning alive is simian. Look that one up too.

Last edited:

BaronPIC

Total Time
1200+
Unbelievable!

A thread is starting about the Air France crash and it takes two or three replies before some JERK remarks about how well the pax jumped off the burning plane because they're French! Amazing. Forget about what may have caused this unfortunate event and possibility that a measly 300 people could have burned alive...

Sad to say, but some on this site disgrace pilots and Americans in general. Get a life.

T45Flyer

Fair and Balanced...
Total Time
Lotsa
Way to go Flight Attendents! That is truly amazing that no one was killed when you look at that aircraft.

Green

Total Time
Baronpic-

Nobody ever accused Americans of being tactful, worldly, or well educated for that matter.

chperplt

Total Time
Baron,

Take a step back from the computer and relax...

Everyone survived the accident.... Thank goodness for that. With that being said, why not poke a little fun at our backstabbing friends from the north? Had anyone even been seriously injured it would not be appropriate to poke fun.

Great job by the CFR guys!! On the scene in 50 seconds!

ironspud

Total Time
>20000
Green said:
Baronpic-

Nobody ever accused Americans of being tactful, worldly, or well educated for that matter.

Sockray Bloo, Froggie!

Last edited:

rk772

Here we go STEELERS!!
Total Time
I was watching coverage of the plane crash on Fox News. Shepard Smith was discussing how the A340, which was carrying jet fuel, burst into flames after it ran off the runway. He actually made this statement:
“One can only assume that after a flight from Paris to Canada, that the aircraft would have less fuel onboard after landing than it did on takeoff.”

That Shepard Smith is a pretty smart character.

Gearmonkey

Total Time
Yyz

Wonder if it had to do with the runways not being grooved? I've skated down 5/23 and 6R at YYZ a few times when it was wet.

islandhopper

Clone War veteran
Total Time
5000+
BaronPIC said:
Unbelievable!

A thread is starting about the Air France crash and it takes two or three replies before some JERK remarks about how well the pax jumped off the burning plane because they're French! Amazing. Forget about what may have caused this unfortunate event and possibility that a measly 300 people could have burned alive...

Sad to say, but some on this site disgrace pilots and Americans in general. Get a life.

We could always BLAME CANADA...

aa73

Total Time
ironspud said:
Sockray Bloo, Froggie!

ironspud - that "604, 804" signature you have wouldn't by chance be the DH/TDZE of STL 30R and the standard TWA briefing, would it? ;) man, I miss flying with you guys!

XTW

XCA Monkey
Total Time
It used to be "605/805", that is of course, until I upgraded to FO!;) It ruined everything when they decided to add the page # and date to the briefing. It doubled the time required to do the brief!

X