• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, point taken

idratherfly4283 said:
Compared to 500 heavy multi, I am still a candidate to solo
Sometimes I fill this way as well and I have 9kTT.
Anyway...
Does HR even look at Cover Letters anymore? When I have helped them, We are strictly looking at Resume's...As many Resumes as they get, you basically make a few stacks, Kind of like Elementary School...Yes, No, & Maybe. The maybe's may get there Cover Letter read and We generally read them at Interviews but we only have 1 HR recruiter for Pilots and she wears other hats. She's extremely busy.
At our place you e-mail us a Resume, We like what we see, We e-mail you a Application. You send us the Paper App back. We like what we see, We call you in for an Interview. We do not use Online Apps because we have other paperwork that we need sent in as well. (NDR with Notary stamp, Copies of License, Medical, Passports)
I have also heard that some Online Apps. are not secure websites, there is a lot of info on one of those that I do not want to be responsible for!
Good Luck,
PSACPSP

Good Luck Man! I was hired by Corporate Airlines (now Regions Air) when I was 22 flying the JS32. I flew there for about 9 months and then came to CHQ. You meet the majority of the min's for the regional airlines.
I know that CHQ is hiring guys with 1000 and 100, so keep that resume updated and keep sending it out. My motto when looking for my first 121 job was, take the job that is offered to you first.

I wish you luck!

Wait a minute. I just thought of something. When you send your resume it doesn't (at least shouldn't) have your age on it. They have no idea what your age is, for all an HR department knows you could be a 35 year old career changer. Keep flying and keep applying. Good luck.

idratherfly4283 said:
Just turned 22, I have about 1000tt and 250 multi. Are the regionals looking to hire older pilots that have the same time over younger pilots? I'm considering 135 because lack of callbacks and what seems to be hiring freezes. I would love to work 121 off the bat due to QOL but doesn't seem like it'll happen. Are there any companies that hire with these times besides the ones I have already applied: chq, asa, mesaba, pinnacle?

Thanks

Apply

Apply to the ones you would like to work for, you never know. Some 121 airlines are as low as 600/100 now. I think some regionals like to take low time pilots because they will be around a little longer and then when you get to the 5-7 year mark you are out of there and some other low time pilot can take your place.

New low time pilots like yourself tend to have a more go-getter attitude then the high time more experienced pilots. Again this is all refering to the regional level.

Good luck

author of http://www.crjstudyguide.com

1000 Total Time and you have 60 hours of Turbine PIC? Sounds like Sham time. It's a red flag. If your resume was in my pile I'd toss it aside.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back