• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 70 coming to an airline near you!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Personally I think it should be medical based and not any arbitrary number. Of course some of the guys complaining about age 65 and age 70 would probably lose their medicals instead of the some of the older gents.

Of course some of the "older gents" would lose their enthusiasm for 70 if we abandoned seniority and went with rostering and assignments. Get rid of seniority as the single factor in career advancement and I'll support no limit.

I'm afraid CAL might have two thirds of the pilots awarded the 787 be over 60. How are we suppose to operate the airplane?

19 pilots are retiring from CAL on the next bid. It's no coincidence, 9 out of 10 of the ones leaving have got it together. The ones that have to hang on never have and never will. The kind of pilots that share your opinion are not quite the esteemed sort you might think...

One of your shortest posts ever, hurry up and run to the mall for your walk before the stores open at 10am.
MSU was playing football, so I walked to the stadium, they won over WMU 38-14

Notice all of the "70 is OK with me" responses coming from the 10000+ hr crew. The baby boomers are the most greedy, self-important, soon-to-be drags on society group to ever exist. They have been handed the strongest economic growth in the history of the world, and most have p!ssed it all away. Now my three young children, who will struggle to ever find gainful employment, will have to pay for all of their greed and waste. Congratulations to you, you have made us all "very proud".

box

I agree 100%. great post!!! Don't forget the money you'll spend taking care of their old a$$es when they hit the retirement home.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/02/pf/caring_for_mom_and_dad.moneymag/index.htm

Shouldn't be able to captain >60

bring the experience- but decisions should be left to younger minds- pilots are too prideful to know when to hang it up

Shouldn't be able to captain >60

bring the experience- but decisions should be left to younger minds- pilots are too prideful to know when to hang it up

Whatever. Experience counts and all the age rules need to go. Haven't we progressed over the years in order to rid ourselves of this blatant discrimination. I bet you're the type of guy who supported Becks racist rally on DC the other day.

A payscale that declines each year after 60 would comp for scheduling/staffing probs. Well, not if an airframe has over 75% crew over 60.

Whatever. Experience counts and all the age rules need to go. Haven't we progressed over the years in order to rid ourselves of this blatant discrimination. I bet you're the type of guy who supported Becks racist rally on DC the other day.

OK, tell that to the federal government! Cut off to get a non-military flying job is 37, mandatory retirement at 57(good one at that) lots of furloughed guys pushed out the the gov job force cause of age...pot calling....

Racist rally? That explains the african-american supporters who stood with him during the rally.

Look up "Alveda King". And next time do your homework.

thats because these A holes are only working 10-15 days a month and making 200k a year. What an awesome retirement job! When they want a longer stretch off, they just take one of the 4 weeks of vacation they have! I agree with the 65 rule, how else will survive when I am 65 having been a regional pilot my entire career because of this industry.

Are you kidding!!! Alveda King spoke at the rally!!!! MLKs own niece!!! She must be a racist hater now??? Get over the race card. We (white folk/ crackers) have given those communities more than enough to excel and they choose, YES CHOOSE, to continue to live in the slums!!!! The joke, name three things a black man will never achieve, has become a self fulfilling prophecy. The likes of sharpton and jackson have dooped those cultures into thinking that they are not able to achieve anything except handouts.

I don't agree with what O'Reily, Beck, Oberman, Maddow say about everything, but that rally was far from racist!!

And.... it is a well known, documented fact, that as we age, we "lose" our touch/ reflexes.... not to mention the fact that the older we get, the harder it is to adapt, learn, or change....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back