• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 70 coming to an airline near you!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
70 is better than nothing. Welcome to the frac world. Retire from the airlines and come over to 91/135 to wait and die.

The airlines don't sound so bad anymore!!

Notice all of the "70 is OK with me" responses coming from the 10000+ hr crew. The baby boomers are the most greedy, self-important, soon-to-be drags on society group to ever exist. They have been handed the strongest economic growth in the history of the world, and most have p!ssed it all away. Now my three young children, who will struggle to ever find gainful employment, will have to pay for all of their greed and waste. Congratulations to you, you have made us all "very proud".

box

Notice all of the "70 is OK with me" responses coming from the 10000+ hr crew. The baby boomers are the most greedy, self-important, soon-to-be drags on society group to ever exist. They have been handed the strongest economic growth in the history of the world, and most have p!ssed it all away. Now my three young children, who will struggle to ever find gainful employment, will have to pay for all of their greed and waste. Congratulations to you, you have made us all "very proud".

box

Sorry dude, but my 15K plus hours put me in the low 40's on age. I would be against any form of age discrimination. Besides with SS going broke you had better hope they raise that retirement age or we all going to be paying dearly to support their retirement.

Agree

box

Unfortunately I couldn't agree more! Tom Brokaw wrote a book about the boomer's parents being the best generation, now he should write a book about their children being the worste.

These people are the most selfish generation to date and what's worse, do not apologize for it. Their motto is: "What mine is mine, and what's yours is mine, and what's your children's is mine AND if I live long enough, what's your children's children is mine too.

Prater is an EXCELLENT example of his generation when he pushed the Age 60 rule change through the finish line.

I sincerely hope ALPA elects a president this fall that has all pilot's interest at heart or I believe the writing will be on the wall for ALPA.

Boomers: Me! Me! Me! Me!

do it quick I only have 3 yrs to get back into the 9 cockpit.

If it changed to 70, the airlines would stay so stagnant that before long staffing would be unable to find FO's under 60 on more than just the 777's. We would need CA, FO, and RN positions on each flight deck.

Latest resources

Back