• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 70 being discussed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The guy who drove the Dash into the ground was 47.
Well that fits 20's+er, besides 47 is now too old? Wouldn't they have been better off if they had an experienced 67 year old in that seat? Back to the beginning this discussion is just like the age 65 discussions from 7 years ago, it is all about get out of my seat.

Last edited:
Back to the beginning this discussion is just like the age 65 discussions from 7 years ago, it is all about get out of my seat.

What should it be about? All the gratitude I'm supposed to feel for the opportunity to subsidize Grandpa's wife #6 and boat #9? Oh, I forgot, he's just shoring up his ruined retirement. Yeah, right.

I earned my seniority. You can't have it until YOU'VE earned it.

How do you "earn" seniority? By being born earlier? Granted, English is my fourth language, but I was under the impression that the word "earn" implies some kind of effort. Getting old and decrepit takes no effort, we'll all get there.

What should it be about? All the gratitude I'm supposed to feel for the opportunity to subsidize Grandpa's wife #6 and boat #9? Oh, I forgot, he's just shoring up his ruined retirement. Yeah, right.

You clowns keep ASSUMING every old fart Captain has ex-wives, boats. vacation houses, etc. You're all a bunch of idiots.
Do you NOT realize older people have obligations, BIG ones, unlike you BOYS? They have children in college, elderly parents they may be responsible for, etc. etc.
The biggest bill some of you junior clowns have is your beer tab in your crash pad.
GMAFB already. You sound like a bunch of whiny pre-schoolers who are jealous of what "Johnny" has...:rolleyes:

You clowns keep ASSUMING every old fart Captain has ex-wives, boats. vacation houses, etc....

I assume no such thing, the old farts make no secret of any of it by gladly sharing pictures of their boars, houses, Harleys etc, so I don't even have to assume.

It's not that I'm jealous of what Johnny has, I just don't appreciate it that he has it at my expense. There IS a difference.

I assume no such thing, the old farts make no secret of any of it by gladly sharing pictures of their boars, houses, Harleys etc, so I don't even have to assume.

It's not that I'm jealous of what Johnny has, I just don't appreciate it that he has it at my expense. There IS a difference.

They have pigs, too? No sh!t??!

You "don't appreciate it?" Well I'm sorry, but that's too f'ing bad. Tell you what, Ace. Go to a hospital or a courtroom and bitch and moan with young doctors and lawyers who ALSO have to put their time in to reap the benefits of LIFE EXPERIENCE.

I'm still DYING to know if any of you pussies have the balls to tell a Captain to STFU or shove his pictures up his ass when he starts trying to impress you with his material wealth.

FWIW other countries have no retirement age for domestic flying. I don't agree with that myself but thought I'd put that out there.

I'm still DYING to know if any of you pussies have the balls to tell a Captain to STFU or shove his pictures up his ass when he starts trying to impress you with his material wealth.

I've done it, doesn't take balls. What's he gonna do, have me fired for not going gaga over his crap? And yes, some of them both have pigs and are pigs.

I've done it, doesn't take balls. What's he gonna do, have me fired for not going gaga over his crap? And yes, some of them both have pigs and are pigs.

Well, I guess you let the Green-eyed monster show his ugly face. Not that I care, but I wonder if you let your rich Captains buy you a drink on a layover, If you do, you are a hypocrite of the highest order.
Oh, and for the record, I've flown with FOs who are loaded. Granted, most of it is from daddy's money, but they have possessions other people only dream about.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back