Age 67?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'll have to do better than that to flame me-

For the density challenged- are you puking bc he won't retire, his flying abilities, or both.

Most of us have not flown with anyone within 8 years of that guy, so I'm genuinely curious how he is- skills, mental, got a pencil whipped medical IYO?
Or you can come at me again- up to you

time for the gummers to go they had their time
and if things work out for you, remember no guarantee, you too may be "gummer" some day:p

yeah thats what I want to be doing when I am 67. GET A LIFE AND LEAVE ! go travel, go get a hobby or a life. Bidding, trip trading, check rides, revisions, that is exactly what I want to do when I am almost 70= LOSER !

It's possible that without a retirement age many pilots will find some other goals to shoot for rather than the age, like financial stability etc. I think having a retirement age may just make sure older pilots stay until that age and that may keep them around longer. Jmo.

But for the ones that need to be here financially, they had an additional 5 years to get their house in order and another 5 years will not help them if they don't use the time to change their spending habits. In the mean time we suffer because of the financial situation they are in.

We have a neighbor who just turned 72. When he gets in his car, all the neighbors bring in their kids. I couldn't imagine a 73 year old safely operating an AC. There is factual and actual mental and physical degradation with age. Just look at how automotive insurance rates go up as one passes 65. The feds know this that's why no two over 60 can be pared on international.

You'll have to do better than that to flame me-

For the density challenged- are you puking bc he won't retire, his flying abilities, or both.

Most of us have not flown with anyone within 8 years of that guy, so I'm genuinely curious how he is- skills, mental, got a pencil whipped medical IYO?
Or you can come at me again- up to you

I thought you were trying to flame me.

His flying skill is below average, he falls asleep quite often, sometimes below 18, his work inside the plane is the worst. Wont clean or throw bags.

I would guess he has a friend pencil whip his medical, as he doesnt appear too healthy.

He is a nice guy, and easy to have a beer with, but just doesnt realize it is time too quit.

We have a neighbor who just turned 72. When he gets in his car, all the neighbors bring in their kids. I couldn't imagine a 73 year old safely operating an AC. There is factual and actual mental and physical degradation with age. Just look at how automotive insurance rates go up as one passes 65. The feds know this that's why no two over 60 can be pared on international.

I believe a pilot over 60 should be an FO. If he has to be monitored then he shouldn't be pic.

Age 67

Soylent Green DVDs available at Amazon.com for as little as $5.22. Enjoy!! If you are as old as me, you may have seen it in the theatre.

Latest resources

Back