• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65 Stinks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah the 25 year old flying B-1's around the world on 16 hour missions sure is scary

Age 65 guys sorry but you knew the game when you entered to complain after the fact and use "threats of inexpereince in the cockpit" does not fly.

Not one guy should be laid off because of this ruling. Congress should have made it clear the day furloughs start time to move on gents

There is no doubt in my mind I am safer now than I was at 22. Anyone (of age) who thinks differently is kidding themselves.
Being safer now does not mean that you were unsafe then by default.
Exactly what age did you go from being an green behind the ears pilot you would rather not have your own family sitting in the back to one you would trust?
I'd assume it's safe to say that you're glad your family wasn't on any of the dozens and dozens of flights that 'seasoned' guys took into the ground.

There are a percentage pilots at every age who are unsafe for one reason or another related to personal attitude and commitment to excellence. Young and old alike. Making blanket statements about any age group is just arbitrary and not valid. I'd take my 22 year old self over a 47 year old Thomas Cloyd any day of the week.

Last edited:
Its the law. Get over it.

Last edited:
The unreliable 22 year old and the guy that wants to fly past 60 are the same guy. Give it time, you'll see that's the case 90% of the time. Some of you more legitimate types who are supporting 65 now will abandon and regret your support when you see the a$$clowns you end up shoulder to shoulder with.

If you knew you were going to have the big one at 70, would you want to work till 65 or 60? How about hanging it up at 55 if it meant you would probably live till 75? It seems a long way off, but its not. There's some interesting data out there in the actuarial tables, etc.

Yeah the 25 year old flying B-1's around the world on 16 hour missions sure is scary

Age 65 guys sorry but you knew the game when you entered to complain after the fact and use "threats of inexpereince in the cockpit" does not fly.

Not one guy should be laid off because of this ruling. Congress should have made it clear the day furloughs start time to move on gents

And if things really get tough, rather than save the passengers, that 25 year old guy could just eject.

Yeah, that is Scary!

I saw Undaunted Flyer at RFD last weekend at a pancake breakfast. He was wearing a tan Members Only jacket. He is DEFINETLY the LAST member!!!

Latest resources

Back