• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65 Retirement passes House 390-0

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hesitate to agree with Yip here because imho he takes so many unnecessarily divisive positions and opinions on many subjects but I have to give credit where credit is due.

If you truly are able to live what you post here, you are a blessed man. You just expressed one of the most powerful tenets of the Buddhist philosophy of non attachment in a very accessible way. Kudos.

Wish you could apply some of this to your rabid anti union thinking, but I guess everything has its limits right? :)

This board is very pro-union. I don't think that I am that rabidly anti-union, but more middle of the road, some places need a union. The rabid union supporters stand on a platform that unions can do no harm. I just happen to not agree with that stance and it is my duty to point out the other side. Unions have the ability to destroy marginal companies.

But immersed in this population, I stand out because I am not 100% pro-union and 100% anti-management. A lot of this comes from my personal experiences as a member of ALPA and IBT. This board remains me of my former pro-union activists at places I worked. Nothing was ever good enough for them. After about my fourth job, my main concern was the viability of my company and anything I could do make them more viable was my primary goal. The standard union activists battle cry of "more pay and more says off" until of course you have all your days off, without pay.

There are two sides to every story, both sides need to be told.

BTW If I was posting on a CEO site, I would probably be looked at as pro-union.

Last edited:
pilotyip if you were on a CEO site they would look at you as anti-union. CEO's have the strongest union out there. They sit on each others boards, determine each others pay and use the enormous stockpile of corporate cash(instead of their own money like pilots) to lobby politicians to protect their pay and benefits. Yeah that is one hell of a union they have.

This board is very pro-union. I don't think that I am that rabidly anti-union, but more middle of the road, some places need a union. The rabid union supporters stand on a platform that unions can do no harm.

You haven't seen unions until you've seen Germany, France, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, etc... This country is so anti-union that it's pathetic watching them try and gain a position with management, especially in the transportation industry where the RLA further waters them down...

I just happen to not agree with that stance and it is my duty to point out the other side. Unions have the ability to destroy marginal companies.

As they should.... does everyone a favor. If your such a marginal company that you can't pay your pilots well, I hesitate to wonder how safe your fleet is...

Latest resources

Back