• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65 ICAO Rule – You Might Be Surprised

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never said that no one uses VNAV. I said what I have observed. I use it. You use it and so do many others. From what I have seen, more don't than do. I also see some use VS to climb which is a no-no at some places. (Where I am now and where I was) Just my observation!

Hey rjpilot7667, My last F/O is 41 and fall asleep every leg in a 4 day-trip schedule.
So what`s your point?

To correct you, your last FO "was" 41 and he "falls". Maybe he was just faking it so he wouldn't have to listen to your stories of the "glory days". You know what my point is.

Never said that no one uses VNAV. I said what I have observed. I use it. You use it and so do many others. From what I have seen, more don't than do. I also see some use VS to climb which is a no-no at some places. (Where I am now and where I was) Just my observation!

point: Age65 sux.
Your response: Alot of people don't use vnav and some use VS which btw is a selectable vertical mode but some airlines say its not OK.
WTF?

Duke you need to retire.
Here's mud in your eye!!

Climbing using VS does not give you any speed protection in the aircraft I have flown.Therefore, if you were not paying attention you could stall. That I believe was the reason for not using it while climbing. I fly the CE 750 now and you really have to get pretty slow for it to stall while climbing so it is pretty safe to use. However, it is against policy. And retirement is close!!!!

Interesting comments. Just about everyone at AA uses a blend of VNAV and FL Change. It seems like you have a training issue over at your airline.

AA767AV8TOR

Hey, look everybody! A dead horse...

Latest resources

Back