• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65 ICAO Rule – You Might Be Surprised

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The safety flag was raised by congress, due to absolute lack of any experience on new hires at thew lower levels of the airline industry. I was there putting 250 Comm/Inst/MEL into the right seat of the DA-20 and three months later in right seat of DC-9's because they were the most qualified available. AW&ST published a report of a severe pilot shortage for the next 30 years in the summer of 2007. Congress reacted to prevent further experience losses from cockpit. Now for economic reasons the younger pilots are raising the safety flag to get that old guy out of my seat, which is as I see it a purely economic issue. BTW I have no dog in this flight I did not benefit from the new age 65 rule, I was too old.

Are you kidden me, Pilot shortage? Do you really believe Congress does anything because AW&ST publishes a report?
REEEEAAALLLY?

Are you kidden me, Pilot shortage? Do you really believe Congress does anything because AW&ST publishes a report?
REEEEAAALLLY?
Yes I do, John McCain addressed tihs in thge fall of 2007 in an address to congress shortly before the surprize announcement of the age 65 rule in December.

I have flown with about 12 over 60 guys now. Of that twelve, ten of them required way too much of my time and attention. The only thing I didn't do was to offer to change diapers between legs.

On another note, I have flow with a ton of guys 55-60. I would say 60% of them require extra vigilance on my part. Bash away at me now, but I think something starts to happen to the airline pilots brain in his/her late 50's.
Its due to sitting next to an entitlement generation ZZer, who thinks the plane will crash if the heading bug is off 2 degress.
PBR

Latest resources

Back