• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 informal poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abolish the Age 60 Rule for other that Part 91 pilots?

• Yea

Votes: 668 35.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 1,214 64.5%

• Total voters
I think that qualifies as a smackdown.

Undaunted,

Nobody wants to hang out with you in HNL. I have been at the Seaside most of the month....and I have asked around....NOBODY wants to party with you.

What is important to me is to work and support my family, not having a party. If the law changes and I can continue working that's worth something to me and thousands of other pilots. I will be celebrating my 60th and I hope it's in HNL. I see nothing wrong with that. You're invited too, Sonny Crockett.

I do not speak for the UAL pilots, for any group or for anyone else. I only speak for UndauntedFlyer..

I do believe there is an expansion coming and that soon all the furloughed pilots will return. I do expect that this industry has room for lots of pilots, including the over age 60 group. There are more working airline pilots today than there have ever been in history and there will be more next year.

Undaunted,

Nobody wants to hang out with you in HNL. I have been at the Seaside most of the month....and I have asked around....NOBODY wants to party with you.

RETIRE! Stop making such a FOOL of yourself and once again can you PLEASE answer the guys on the UAL-MEC ALPA Board, EXACTLY who said you speak for the UAL pilot group...CAUSE YOU DON'T!

Jeez, I'm not sure about talking for the UAL group but I've met a large number of UAL guys in DC singing the same tune.:beer:

Sadly, it's very much like senior drivers... you could never convince one that it might be time to hang it up for their own good as well as for those around them. It's very much like your crowd opposing the age 60 rule.

Many FAR's were written in blood. Does this one need to be too?

The old guys aren't as stupid or ignorant as you make them out to be. I have "retired" a pilot as a result of poor performance. As an instructor/manager, the job fell on me. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. No one was more aware of the time being right than he was. He remained professional, courteous and honorable to the final handshake, when he wished me well!!

For what it's worth, I've had the responsibility of showing the door to a few young guys, too. They didn't have the balls, or the brains to know that I was doing them a favor.

We can't judge pilots by their age group, any more than we can judge them by their equipment types. One of those old guys is just as likely to save your a$$, as you are to save his.

Sample size of one

I think that's what we should do...base this whole decision on 3Bcat's experience with one person. Come on. That is so statistically significant that you have finally persuaded me. Plus, I really loved the violins playing in the background.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Look in the mirror Mr. "I've shown the door to a few in my day." Talk about an arrogant putz...yikes.

Post a few more jewels like the last one. I can't wait.

Try using logic next time or maybe even think about the issue and try to come up with a better solution. So far none of you expert senior experienced all-knowing pundits have. Oh, except that Foxhunter needs the money....so we should change the rule.

Last edited:
I like the part in the new medical report where it says raising the age may actually increase safety by keeping the less experienced pilots out of the cockpit longer.

I like the part in the new medical report where it says raising the age may actually increase safety by keeping the less experienced pilots out of the cockpit longer.

You would.

Guess what? They are talking about you too. Or were you born with 25k hours?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back