Age 60 Battle vs ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
semperfido said:
now i get it...well why didn't you just say that in the first place :D and here i thought you may just be argumentative.:) perhaps i could apply for a job in the pro shop because i doubt i will be able to drag this big bag all over the world much past 60.

I can't allow that---anyone after age 60 must ride in (not drive) a cart because I don't want them to have a heart attack wheeling that thing up hill. But, you can apply for Pro Shop desk cleark (along with the multiple ex-strippers I employ in there to draw in customers---especially over age 60 old men).(the strippers will drive the carts too)

And, I am argumentative---ask anyone on here. Most of the time it is all in good fun....... Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Foxhunter is a leech, a non-member and a SCAB. Put him on your ignore list. He never had a vote because he chose not to have that opportunity. The guy is an idiot, everybody at FedEx knows it.

The Supreme Court voted. Done.

F18-FDX said:
Foxhunter is a leech, a non-member and a SCAB. Put him on your ignore list. He never had a vote because he chose not to have that opportunity. The guy is an idiot, everybody at FedEx knows it.

The Supreme Court voted. Done.

Ouch. Foxhunter, is that true? Come on now, out with it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
She would leave a 40 year old Delta 767-400 FO for a 35 year old Comair (Mesa) Captain? Doubt it. Really, I doubt it. Even after a Chap 11 I would make 3 times what the Mesa guy would. And, she loves my computer skills and that I lift wieghts a lot. She does. Sorry.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You are quite a catch GL. Keep working on those oblique abs. Chicks really dig those Song 757-200 FOs. You probably have a 764 trip once every third month.

After supporting the scr*wing of the pilots junior to him at Delta, GL now will do everything he can to support the scr*wing of those senior to him. It’s all about GL.

It looks like you understand the ALPA playbook pretty well, cry wolf about safety whenever you want to make a point. Pilots over 60 are unsafe…… FAs over 50 are unsafe……

DaveGriffin said:
You are quite a catch GL. Keep working on those oblique abs. Chicks really dig those Song 757-200 FOs. You probably have a 764 trip once every third month.

After supporting the scr*wing of the pilots junior to him at Delta, GL now will do everything he can to support the scr*wing of those senior to him. It’s all about GL.

It looks like you understand the ALPA playbook pretty well, cry wolf about safety whenever you want to make a point. Pilots over 60 are unsafe…… FAs over 50 are unsafe……

I do have nice abs. I do 50 situps after each post. (do the math--50 times 5000)
As far as the senior pilots, well, they will now be the guys in their early early 50s or late 40s. They will now be flying planes larger than they would have until they almost retired. They will make close to what they might have made on smaller aircraft with the old contract. (maybe with another 10% pay cut or so) So, the new senior guys will be ok, and they still have 10 or so years to go to try to make up for some of the pension loss. 10 years of being senior on big equipment is good for them. I am not $crewing any of them, the company is. And, the junior guys have come back in some decent numbers. There are still 509 out, but I bet most have gone on to other airlines. I hope everyone else who wants to come back, eventually does. Everyone else here will do the best they can to have a good life flying something big with less pay. That is the way it goes. As far as senior stews, they need to go if they are not happy. Attitude is everything, and most still are "living" in the 60's---remembering the good ole days. Except, back then, they actually had to serve a meal on the DC-8 flight from ATL to MCO. Now, they don't even want to serve drinks. Sad but true Dave. Allowing them to retire (best case scenario) and hiring new, FRESH, cheaper labor that would actually ENJOY the job---and enjoy travelling the WORLD (Dayton, with an 8 hour layover at the airport) is really what we need. Now, we only have 14,000 older flight attendants that are jaded, or bored and it shows. In the cockpit we can hide that attitude if we have it (I don't)----they cannot.

Also, I do fly Song 757s a lot, and I will be bidding the 764 in ATL on this next bid. I can't wait to fly with the super senior stews with attitudes to HNL. Will your wife be one of them Dave? Aloha.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Man, I hope not. I am doing more now to try to help with my eventual retirement. I am staying with ONE wife, and I am investing on the side in several side businesses. Also, my wife will eventually get millions from her dad's property deals in Florida. Just remember, you can fall in love with a rich girl just as fast as you can with a poor one. I hope to be on one of my own golf courses in FLA at 55.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Welcome to General Lee's miniature golf.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/19/news/fortune500/delta.reut/index.htm

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Delta Air Lines Inc.warned pilots Friday that its cash stockpile had dropped below a key level that could allow it to seek more concessions from the pilots' union, a company spokesman said.

miles otoole said:
Welcome to General Lee's miniature golf.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/19/news/fortune500/delta.reut/index.htm

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Delta Air Lines Inc.warned pilots Friday that its cash stockpile had dropped below a key level that could allow it to seek more concessions from the pilots' union, a company spokesman said.

Thanks Miles, and I bet you can't wait to play there. But, you must be over 4 feet tall, and I think you may be well short of that.

As I have explained before, that memo was sent to us when we hit a specific cash level---and that was negotiated in our latest contract. The company had to tell us. There hasn't been any negotitations on future pay cuts, although that may happen shortly. As far as Delta going extinct, I highly doubt it---especially looking at United and USAir's playbooks. United still doesn't have a plan---3 years into Chap 11. I will bid up to the 764 to minimize any pay cut. Thanks for caring. Wear platform shoes to my miniature golf land----and you may make the cut.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Age 60 Rule was put in place by Pete Quesada, FAA Chief, I believe, for his father-in-law(?) C.R. Smith. He later became an American board member also, quid pro quo. Pure corruption.

Comparing airline pilots to police and firefighters is assinine. Flying is a sedentary job, and we all know that the medical standards could probably be relaxed, if anything.

Hard to believe any honest airline pilot could say to his peers, with a straight face, that flying 121 to age 65 would be unsafe. If the outcome of any given inflight incapacitation was ever really in doubt, then why are FO's given a whole vote in ALPA?

Latest resources

Back