• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACY incident?

HMMMM....

2 "older" guys with 20 year olds going to AC (or going back there, I thiink thats where the plane was based (over at ACY)).

Bet them 2 20yr old were "pros" themselves if you know what I mean. There are lots of "pros" in the ACY area.

Flying 135 out of Philly I often went to ACY and picked up "older" men. funny thing is many of them were accompanied by much much yunger "professional" women. ACY to youngstown OH or Parkersburg WV was an often flown run by my company. Did it many times in a navajo. Mafia looking guy and his one or two "guests".

Last edited:
Is it me or was he MOVIN' down that runway?

The guy obviously doesn't quite have both ores in the water. No pun intended of course. :)

Last edited:
I think they changed the video...the old one showed the engine running in the water and the plane moving.

VampyreGTX said:
Here's the ANN report with a little more info...

An airport worker saw the jet do a low pass over runway 22 (2445 feet) where it flew close to a baseball stadium before turning back to the airport to approach runway 11 (2948 feet). A call from a neighbor prompted Klieger to go outside in time to see the aircraft attempt to land on runway 11.

Klieger said that the jet appeared to come in 'too fast,' and was unable to stop before going off the end of the runway into the water. Nearby boaters rescued the four on board, but the drama was just getting started.

If they landed runway 11 then they are even more stupid then I thought. 12 knot direct tailwind... calculate the landing distance for that. The guy looked like a dofus in the video clip, smiling and acting like it wasn't his fault "we had an ahh malfunction in an airplane system..."

The owners of this jet, Weibel Scientific A/S, in Alleröd/Denmark does not have the best of reputations when it comes to aircraft operations. Neither does the skipper.

As for the two passengers, they are both employees of Weibel Scientific. That they happen to be in their 20ies is coincidential. Their good looks, however, is a consequence of being of Danish stock; we rarely make them ugly over here ;)

Bloody long way to take a CJ2. RKE to ACY is around 3400NM great circle, I didn't think a dinky little toy like that was allowed to stray so far from home.

As for the registration - pretty cool innit? If the aircraft is a write-off that's kind of sad, as you are not allowed to re-use aircraft registrations in Denmark. Unless your name is Maersk McKinney-Möller of course (OY-MMM has been used on two HS125s, is currently on a CL604 and is rumoured to be headed for a Global Express XRS). Being the richest guy in Scandihoovia does have it's privileges.

Latest resources

Back