• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Actually Official RAH gets 190's for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
US AIRWAYS and UNITED are on the brink of failing and you think they and other airlines can afford to pay you what you want....are you idiots?

All they gotta do is increase prices. But with all these seats flying around, nobody can raise fares. If we wouldnt have jackasses flying 100 seat airplanes for 23 bucks an hour, higher salaries would just be a cost born by the price of the tickets. Less people would buy tickets and capacity would drop slightly. Fewer pilots would be needed, and that would allow the 300 hour Gulfstream graduates to get some more experience.

I would have much rather waited a few years before getting hired if it meant a stronger, more stable Major airline industry. If we didn't have Mesa's and Republic's undercutting all the other pilot groups we would be able to make some headway.

Not to mention 20 year captain rates. Feel really sorry for the FOs and everyone at Midwest.

I hope in light of what is happening at Midwest, future contracts at the majors will focus on ironclad (as much as that is possible) scope. I wouldn't mind flying an RJ (again) provided it is flown by mainline crews.

Shows you how much thought you gave to that post. Who the hell do you think gave up scope? THE MAINLINE guys !

Never claimed to be proficient with vocabulary and spelling, I also make many grammatical errors. I commonly misplace commas and sometimes even forget to capitalize the "I" when I use I statements. But since the best response you have is to go after my literary skills which I freely admit can be improved upon. I will chalk this exchange up as a victory for common sense.
Good Day Sir

En Mort Main

How staggeringly magnanimous of you! Hugs and handshakes all around!

While you're at it, admit that you have a terribly flawed perception of pilot value.

Professional? 23.00hr to fly a 100 seat jet. Flying planes for those rates is whats childish.

First year FO (as in the rate you just published) will not be flying that plane. Maybe the top 3% of the company who are senior enough to hold it will. Check your facts and report back with an educated post.

I don't have a flawed view of pilot value i know a 300 hour gulfstream grad can complete 99 percent of all flights in the modern jets without much issue. And that is proven everyday. As I once heard a Chicago center controller once says "With an operation this size we have to expect some loses."
With this industry failing you in so many ways would it not be childish to stay in it and complain about it everyday? Do you really think scope relief will go away? Do you really think mainline will recapture all the flying and increase the pay? Do you really think in the current economic climate mainline wants to expand their payroll?

En Mort Main

I don't have a flawed view of pilot value i know a 300 hour gulfstream grad can complete 99 percent of all flights in the modern jets without much issue. And that is proven everyday.

Except those few times when it isnt proven, because it fell into that 1 percent category. And dozens of people die. We arent there for the 99 percent of flights that go right, we are there for the 1 percent when things go wrong.

You're a sorry excuse for a professional. You sound like someone who's never had to work hard for anything and thinks unless it's given to you, you don't deserve it.

I don't have a flawed view of pilot value i know a 300 hour gulfstream grad can complete 99 percent of all flights in the modern jets without much issue. And that is proven everyday. As I once heard a Chicago center controller once says "With an operation this size we have to expect some loses."

QED, sugar. I'll explain later. But first:

With this industry failing you in so many ways would it not be childish to stay in it and complain about it everyday?

Nice try. The industry isn't failing ME. The industry is eroding from the bottom- and it shows no signs of slowing. In fact, it shows signs of serious acceleration. It is failing my expected future, because I made a terrible mistake. I thought the pressure from all pilot groups would stem the bleed. Any arse hat that sits in a RAH 175 doing nothing as a pilot (yup, I admit it- I'm a better pilot than them, and any Laker CA is better pilot than I) but claims, "Gee! I'm jess doin diss till massah lemme go, and I gets on to da biiiiig jets!" (minstrel dance here)

Since you are clearly NOT a Trip-Nine guy, I'll trim the fat and make a Reader's Digest level response.

It is a childish failure of imagination to explain immunity to this crap while sitting in a device that purely enables the erosion to occur more quickly. Was that too lofty a response?

Here- ya can't expect the stink to leave if you keep stomping cow pies. That better?

The problem is very clear to me. I know what I generate in revenue (thanks to my colleague's BRILLIANT question to my CEO). I know where I sit, as far as how much I make the airline.

Now put me up front in a FedEX MD11. (Gimme three minutes, I'll be in the vinegar strokes the whole while.) I'd be contributing a crazy amount of business to the bottom line. Why? Capacity much?

So, using your naptime and cookies blanket- the one that says, "WE AREN'T WORTH 200k, GET OVER IT"- you FAIL.

(You aren't "fail," as you'd say- you FAIL. Look it up, childish LOLCAT parlance aside.)

Do you really think scope relief will go away?

Do you think at ALL? Re-read that.

Do you really think in the current economic climate mainline wants to expand their payroll?

En Mort Main

Sit down, breathe deeply, ponder what a vinegar stroke might be, and come back in an hour.

You're back.

NO. You destroyed the market. You enabled the erosion of the market. Which market? The isostatic market of pattern-bargained contracts.

As a reward, I left a Pez dispenser in the left lane of the busiest highway by your parents' house. Go find it. It is the one with an arse on it.

Latest resources

Back