• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Actually Official RAH gets 190's for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least you guys will keep upgrading. Remember to keep talking tough about your next contract.

The upgrade train got derailed awhile ago. Speaking from a Shuttle America FO on 4th year pay. (Maxed out on FO payscale)

Waiting for the Republic pilots to tell me they still only want an "industry average" contract again... 37 dollars an hour for a 100 seat airplane.... absolutely astonishing. Somewhere right now a republic pilot is sitting in a jumpseat telling the pilots that "i didn't want these jets" as they are shaking because they are soooo happy to fly a real mainline airplane. Sign an industry leading contract and prove me wrong... but we all know what you "new improved" contract will have in it... 38 dollar fo's and sub 100 dollar captains. Again, I ask you to prove me wrong.

What ever!!! Do you honestly think we had a choice? Lets see.. Hmmm... should I quite my job becuase some tool at a "legacy"... think our MGT is scum bags. The pilots here are not scum bags. A majority of us don't want these on property. Your arguments are fruitless!
Keep on complaining.... You sound so professional! I bet the media would love to know how unified pilots are.
No you piece of ********************, if you guys would demand pay rates commensurate with the number of seats you fly, like it's always been then there would be no incentive for Midwest management to demand the wage cuts from the Midwest pilots.

Talk about not being unified, because you are willing to sell yourselves out for the "quick upgrade" to get to the majors before the regionals that actually stand up for good contracts. I hope all of you gelled hair dorks taking pictures of yourselves in the engines stay F/O's at 37 bucks an hour forever.

Just remember, the only reason a regional airline increases in size is not because it provides good service, or is safe, or it's operation is better than the others. It's only because they are the CHEAPEST, and it's all on the backs of the pilots. Good job killing another couple hundred mainline jobs.

No you piece of ********************, if you guys would demand pay rates commensurate with the number of seats you fly, like it's always been then there would be no incentive for Midwest management to demand the wage cuts from the Midwest pilots.

Talk about not being unified, because you are willing to sell yourselves out for the "quick upgrade" to get to the majors before the regionals that actually stand up for good contracts. I hope all of you gelled hair dorks taking pictures of yourselves in the engines stay F/O's at 37 bucks an hour forever.

Just remember, the only reason a regional airline increases in size is not because it provides good service, or is safe, or it's operation is better than the others. It's only because they are the CHEAPEST, and it's all on the backs of the pilots. Good job killing another couple hundred mainline jobs.

Cheapest? How do you figue...Skwy flys the 900 for almost $10/hr less and Mesa at 9/hr less. Its not about being cheapest or one of those regionals would be doing the flying.
Also, how is 2 aircraft going to bring down our upgrade times? Why don't you just be happy that you still have a job.

Cheapest? How do you figue...Skwy flys the 900 for almost $10/hr less and Mesa at 9/hr less. Its not about being cheapest or one of those regionals would be doing the flying.
Also, how is 2 aircraft going to bring down our upgrade times?

Why are you talking about -900's?

2 aircraft wont do anything except set a bad bad precedent. Few people work at Republic for the pay. It's all about the "quick upgrade" that existed a couple years ago and selling yourselves out.

Why don't you just be happy that you still have a job.

Is that a threat to come undercut Piedmont's Dash 8 flying?

Lets see, on a per seat basis I make about 1 dollar/hr/seat on avg. Using the Republic ratio of 37$/hr/100 seats...looks like your F/O guys will fly a Dash for about 12-13 bucks an hour.

No thanks, I'd rather not have a job. On the plus side, there will probably be a quick upgrade.

The hypocrisy and envy on this thread is astounding.

With these aircraft and these pay rates, how is Jetblue and Usairways supposed to negotiate their E190 rates come contract time? Sure, you want that quick upgrade, for what? At this rate, you'll move from CHQ to a "Major" for less pay than you were making at a regional. Absolute BS

Waiting for the Republic pilots to tell me they still only want an "industry average" contract again... 37 dollars an hour for a 100 seat airplane.... absolutely astonishing. Somewhere right now a republic pilot is sitting in a jumpseat telling the pilots that "i didn't want these jets" as they are shaking because they are soooo happy to fly a real mainline airplane. Sign an industry leading contract and prove me wrong... but we all know what you "new improved" contract will have in it... 38 dollar fo's and sub 100 dollar captains. Again, I ask you to prove me wrong.

I am sure most of the Mesa Pilots are dancing to this. Mesa move to the side, you now aren't officially the bottom feeders anymore.

Maybe the "Mesa Sucks" quote can be buried and replaced.

WSurf you could not be more correct. Republic is the new scum at the bottom of the barrel. Mesa has officially been replaced.

Sniff, Sniff....please feel sorry for me. I fly(flew) a B717 and I deserve to get paid more than an major airline F/O becasue we offer cookies in flight. You dam regional pilots stole my job and I hate you....sniff, sniff
You deserve to spend the rest of your career on the pathetic Republic payscale!

Latest resources

Back