• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Actually Official RAH gets 190's for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow...pretty soon we'll have the Space Shuttle being flown by RAH pilots making minimum wage. Way to go folks! What a freaking shame.

Hey, it's management, not the pilots. They're forced to fly the shuttle. Boo hoo, poor me.

Hey, it's management, not the pilots. They're forced to fly the shuttle. Boo hoo, poor me.

Sniff, Sniff....please feel sorry for me. I fly(flew) a B717 and I deserve to get paid more than an major airline F/O becasue we offer cookies in flight. You dam regional pilots stole my job and I hate you....sniff, sniff

Republic...you scum bags. How do you even look Midwest crews in the eyes? Just remember that hundreds were furloughed so you can fly 100 people around at $37/hr. How long until this 2 airplane order turns into 10..20?

What ever!!! Do you honestly think we had a choice? Lets see.. Hmmm... should I quite my job becuase some tool at a "legacy"... think our MGT is scum bags. The pilots here are not scum bags. A majority of us don't want these on property. Your arguments are fruitless!
Keep on complaining.... You sound so professional! I bet the media would love to know how unified pilots are.

I'm not a friggin scab or a scumbag. I chose to apply/interview with Chautauqua 4.5 years ago because they had a diverse income and seemed to be poised for growth, just like many other regionals at the time. I'm not pleased to see the 190's here, but I fully understand we have the responsibility to vote a solid contract with pressures probably not seen by any "regional" carrier in recent years. I'm an average line pilot who has no control over our flying, but I do have control over how I cast my vote when the time comes. I hope our new union management can use their past experience and this new leverage to "raise the bar" to the new level we all need to see.

Our current, ancient labor agreement might as well be written on papyrus at this point, the regional market has changed tremendously in 6 years. At least the previous group had the foresight and the balls to make certain we are all ONE seniority list and don't have to put up with any of this Go-Jet alter-ego crap. But still, between age 65, scope relaxation, and now this, my realistic career expectations are literally changing by the month.

Republic...you scum bags. How do you even look Midwest crews in the eyes? Just remember that hundreds were furloughed so you can fly 100 people around at $37/hr. How long until this 2 airplane order turns into 10..20?
Should the employees of Ford walk out and stop doing their jobs for the benefit of GM or Chrysler. Did any of the employees have a say in how the day to day business operations or visionary decisions of future business. Ummm mmmmmmmmmmm NO! We just drive the bus not to mention we have people still out on furlough too Einstein!

Ah, so you used Republic just like everyone else uses regionals. How does that make you better than anyone else?

I never flew a mainline size jet for regional wages. I flew a 50 seat regional jet for the same wages every other regional was paying. I quit Republic at the first chance I was given. I never even thought twice about it. I would have quit for Midwest had I been given the chance. Midwest wasn't the greatest airline, but it was a place you could proudly hang your hat at the end of your career. Nobody retires at Republic. Alright, one pilot retired because he was uneducated and couldn't get hired anywhere else. Not only are the wages at Republic pathetic, but you have a terrible retirement match, absolutely no work rules what-so-ever, and to make things worse, a pilot group that is in denial. You guys are airline pilots though. Good for you. Good luck supporting your families on first officer wages. Good luck supporting your families on captain wages while paying back your DCA loans. If you are a captain at Republic, you are making the most money right now that you will in your entire life flying airplanes thanks to yourself. Bedford has become more dangerous to our industry than Ornstein.

Last edited:
Anger issues much? For as much as you badmouth your former employer and coworkers, you certainly didn't have a problem working for RAH when you were there, did you? So why is it so awful that others are in the position you used to be in, gaining experience so they can move onto a better job? The pilots don't make policy - they just show up and do their jobs. You would have quit for Midwest? Oh please, you can stop anytime you want. You're starting to sound a bit like PFT_128. Read my signature a few times, then feel free to continue bashing the place that helped you get to where you are now.

I'm not a friggin scab or a scumbag. I chose to apply/interview with Chautauqua 4.5 years ago because they had a diverse income and seemed to be poised for growth, just like many other regionals at the time. I'm not pleased to see the 190's here, but I fully understand we have the responsibility to vote a solid contract with pressures probably not seen by any "regional" carrier in recent years. I'm an average line pilot who has no control over our flying, but I do have control over how I cast my vote when the time comes. I hope our new union management can use their past experience and this new leverage to "raise the bar" to the new level we all need to see.

Our current, ancient labor agreement might as well be written on papyrus at this point, the regional market has changed tremendously in 6 years. At least the previous group had the foresight and the balls to make certain we are all ONE seniority list and don't have to put up with any of this Go-Jet alter-ego crap. But still, between age 65, scope relaxation, and now this, my realistic career expectations are literally changing by the month.

Please explain how you guys are going to "raise the bar" for us all by flying 190s....you can't. Your rates for it are disgusting. Your Captain pay is what FOs should be making on it. You can blame your management all you want but we all know you won't have the ball$ to fight for a respectable wage. As far as everybody is concerned Republic is an alter-ego for Midwest. Call it whatever you want to help you sleep better at night.

YAWN! Same old tired speech delivered since CHQ Guppy Killers were signed off on. 'Just wait guys, we will get a REAL next contract.' No offense but given the juvenile mentality of your group, I'm not holding my breath on Republic/CHQ/'I'm a Jet Captain!' Club ever getting a decent contract.

In the meantime, congrats on the latest torpedoing of yet another round of airline careers. At least you guys will keep upgrading. Remember to keep talking tough about your next contract.

Latest resources

Back