• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Academy Uniform?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think he had 3 stripes. Couldn't swear to it.

I doubt he was flying on bennies. USAir system. Probably bought a ticket and wore the uniform to look cool...

I got an even better one fellas..now mind you im still a struggling cfi whose in the midst of interviews but if any of you ever see me in a terminal didplaying the faggotry i am about to share with you then please...hit me on the side of the head with a 2 by 4. I once saw a CFI...wear his interpretation of an airline uniform..blue pant white shirt blue tie..no eppalauts mind you and no hat...displaying a lanyard with a "pilot" id from the podunk airport he worked at. To put the icing on the cake..he proceeded to try and display his smooth wu tang style by making an attempt to get through the extremely short crew lines at the security checkpoint...needless to say he was shot down and looked mortified when he was told to report to the end of the 2 mile long line everyone else was in...maybe ya had to be there but it gave me a heck of alaugh on the inside.

LearLove said:
Now when I out and am talking to someone outside of our industry and they ask what I do I say I'm a pilot for US Air. If they ask what I fly I say and E-170 and get a look from them which I follow up with "its a new 737" then they go "I took one of thoes to florida" and everyone is happy and i don't have to run my mouth about this division and that division and contract carriers and such bla bla bla.

You're kidding right.

PurpleInMEM said:
This is something I've never heard of before; wearing uniforms at a flight school. Why do instructors have to wear uniforms??? Why do students wear uniforms???

Come to think of it...why do I wear a uniform? The folks who have customer contact at my company wear shorts and ballcaps.

Hmmmm..your right. Why do Fed Ex and UPS wear uniforms? I guess it makes
sense if you are jumpseating but other than that...hmmm
Never really thought about it. Good question.

Giving the guy the benefit of the doubt maybe it helps in order to get through the security line quicker. Pilot uniform = going to the front of the line. I always wear my uniform to go through the crew line then I change shirts in the bathroom so I don't get stupid questions.

EatSleepFly said:
Nothing, other than the fact that it's pointless. You should be going missed.

like wooooo... im gona save you. yes you go missed, you can climb all you want but when do you make that turn? you need the timer to tell you when you are at the end of the approach and it is safe to turn. otherwise you hit the mountain on either side of the approach. Man eaven the academy students know this.

jws717 said:
like wooooo... im gona save you. yes you go missed, you can climb all you want but when do you make that turn? you need the timer to tell you when you are at the end of the approach and it is safe to turn. otherwise you hit the mountain on either side of the approach. Man eaven the academy students know this.

FMS or GPS

Latest resources

Back