Academy Uniform?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
check6 said:
I saw a Mesa pilot the other day who was carrying a Sporty's Flight Gear flight bag on top of his luggage. Re-Goddarn-diculous I tell ya.

I had an FO whip out a kneeboard a couple years ago.

:rolleyes:

ATRedneck said:
I had an FO whip out a kneeboard a couple years ago.

:rolleyes:

I'm reluctant to mention it because he's such as nice guy, but we have a Captain at ASA that uses a kneeboard.

There's one in every crowd.

Okay.............Wait a Sec, What's wrong with using a kneeboard..........And if the glideslope goes INOP what's wrong with starting a timer?

PurpleInMEM said:
This is something I've never heard of before; wearing uniforms at a flight school. Why do instructors have to wear uniforms??? Why do students wear uniforms???
Seriously though, what's with the uniforms to learn how to fly? I don't see the value.

I've been wondering about this one myself; it's bad enough that the instructors have to wear the uniform... with stripes even! How lame. But the students have to wear it as well? You gotta be kidding me... when you fork over that kind of $$ to learn to fly, you oughta be able to wear what you want; shorts and T-shirt for a summer in Florida. So the student forks over untold thousands of dollars for the privilege of being told what to wear and look like a tool. Man, sign me up for that!

Dorks.

dueguard1 said:
What's wrong with using a kneeboard..........And if the glideslope goes INOP what's wrong with starting a timer?

A kneeboard in an ATR or CRJ is just... wrong. No other way to describe it and there's no need for it anyway. There's a little clipboard attached over by the window for doodling on.

As for the timer, the original poster said nothing about GS inop. He just mentioned the guy was hacking the clock when in and out of IMC. Also lame. If on an approach with no GS, by all means, hack the timer.

OPECJet said:
Had some guy hop on the airplane the other day wearing a full uniform, 3 stripes, wings that had a "DCA" in them.

Was the uniform shirt white (instructor) or blue (student)?

Latest resources

Back