• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA to go it alone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its interesting to note that in most of the recent articles posted it says that ACA will still be seeking additional code share partners. Im assuming this is for the "other" operation and not the LCC. Is this gonna hurt their chances? Would someone like frontier want to contract with someone who may be competiting with them in the near future??

Im going to make a prediction.....the letter.....says....

"With ACA doing its new dance and AAI having one gate in Dulles...expect more AAI service and citeies fast just like the movment into BWI"

Our Senior Managment has made some remarks to the point and they rarley speak unless something will happen.

General,
99% of the managements out there threaten in the way of your response. For the most part, it's their job. Fortunately, the ACA pilots seem to be a unified group and will do what is best for their careers. I doubt they will get Delta plus 5% wages, but hopefully they will get a contract that will allow the company to grow as a LCC or whatever economics allow, provide effective scope, and allow their careers and companies to prosper. Something we could all use......
Bye bye.

Last edited:
FDJ's, So what should we do? Stay at a regional and then apply at the bottom (i.e. reserve) somewhere else (when the "majors" start to hire again in 7 or so years) or grow into a full size LCC with bigger and better equipment and payscales - and hold a good line. The choice should be an easy one.

46Driver said:
FDJ's, So what should we do? Stay at a regional and then apply at the bottom (i.e. reserve) somewhere else (when the "majors" start to hire again in 7 or so years) or grow into a full size LCC with bigger and better equipment and payscales - and hold a good line. The choice should be an easy one.

I can't tell you what to do.

But I can tell you that the choice gets more difficult if you consider the next 30 years of your career, not just the immediate future.

Sometimes things look good initially, but in the long run turn out to be harmful.

You have to fly what mgt tells you to fly. I know that. But I wish more people would consider that this might not be the best news for any of us, including the pilots of ACA who desire a long and prosperous career just as much as the rest of us.

I hope I am wrong, and mean no disrespect. I'm just a bit more concerned than others seem to be.

FDJ,
With all due respect, LCC's are inevitable. Economics dictate it. We should make the best of the hand that's been dealt. We can't change the economics of the industry, only take advantage of them.

Govisual,

Delta management said the same thing to us in 1994 in Mid-contract talks---"The industry has changed forever..." Then in 1996 we had a huge Tech upcycle and premium passengers were back. Then the bubble burst and 9-11 happened. This is just a cycle that has hurt a lot of people. Hey, I want the LCCs to do well--especially Song.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Attn all ACA haters, doomsayers and wannabees:

We (at ACA) aren't going out like a bunch of punk-a$$-hoes. You can theorize, hypothesize and calculate CPSM till your Blue(ridge) in the face. It's going to take faith, determination and hard work...but most of all, we have a great pilot group willing to make things happen.

This could start a whole new way of doing business for regional airlines. Somebody needs to make a stand and take a risk to show others "IT CAN BE DONE". It WILL be ACA!!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back