ACA to go it alone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CRJpuppy,
Actually, I don't drink kool-aid - and only those flying the CRJ (aka, the Space Shuttle) drink Tang. Me, just some good ole lemonade - and maybe a little moonshine.
Back to the point. The Delta side is not changing. On the UAL side, if United keeps us, fine, we will make gobs of money off of the current contract with our fee for departure. However, the company wants to gain another source of revenue and reduce our dependance on UAL so we are starting the LCC regardless. Dulles is perfect for it and airplanes are cheap now. We also have experience going solo - when UAL's pilots wouldn't let us have jets, we started flying them under our own name. Did it once, can do it again.

General Lee,
Who is your bigger competitor: UAL or ACA? And if ACA is fighting UAL over the Dulles Hub and routes, Delta stands to profit by watching from the sidelines. Something about the enemy of your enemy is your friend.... Odds are, DAL will leave us alone while UAL is the bigger competitor. And if DAL management is not concerned with us flying airplanes larger than 70 seats - IN NO WAY CONNECTED TO DCI - then why are the Delta pilots so adamant our restricting our careers???

46driver,

I am not concerned about trying to limit your career. What I am saying is that Delta might not like more direct competition on the East Coast, and your robust plans seem to indicate that. I think we are happy with your feed in CVG, and all I am saying is that Delta might not appreciate extra competition, and might allow ASA/Comair to grow in your place. I do not want to see you do poorly. I just question what is about to happen and wonder aloud what Delta might do. As far as you are concerned, I hope you upgrade to 737 Capt quickly and enjoy it.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

General,
Points taken. I just think Delta would consider competition from ACA to be of less importance than possibly grabbing some of UAL's routes and market share. Who knows what is going to happen....
As for me, a 737 captain slot??? Right now, I would be happy with a 1 leg commute on ACA instead of a 2 hour drive followed by a 2 leg commute up to Boston.

In regards to CMR/ASA taking over the Homer Jets Yes they could be trained quickly but it is the time that it would take to get them on the certificates that would be expensive in addition to the training.

In Regards to additional code shares people have been talking about I believe some of that refers to global alliances and the like. For example ACA could be part of Sky team out of Dulles an therefore not directly compete with Delta while at the same time hurting DAL's real competitor...UAL. Additional code shares could also be developed if ACA does not want to use all 87 CRJ's in the LCC. Replacing Mesa's Frontier Jet Express is on possible way to get cashflow out of a few excess airplanes and support the LCC.

Remember the curse: May you live in interesting times.

ACA managment will tell the pilots that they will have to accept J31 wages for the 737 or they will all be furloughed.

Um, General....that's Super 31 (J32) rates.....:D

Latest resources

Back