• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Grow or Flush?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am just quoting what I have been told at these stations. Face it guys, ACA's lackluster performance is a fact and thats that.

As far as gloating, I would never do that. I work for a superior airline and thats that.

As far as having any thing against the ACA pilots, well, most all Comair pilots will never forget the ACA+I% CRAP we had to fight while we were on strike.

You people folded after just 10 months of negotiations while we were fighting for our lives to get a great contract for 3 plus years. ACA pilots did nothing to raise the bar, and as far as I am concerned, are a bunch of sell outs.

And this SKYWEST pilot is upset at me for being mean to his ACA buds. Well, Skywest is even worst than ACA. They refuse to unionize, so pilots like us have to do all the hard work, like strike, so skywest pilots can benifit.

I just was looking at Afellowaviator time frame. For someone who has those hours flying and so much knowledge about everything why are you not flying for the majors? You seem bitter about everyone, not blowing your own horn. It seems to me that when your company was negotiations that your pilot group wanted to continue against unions support of your first contract.
I agree with others in here that your upset with everyone and need to take a good look in the mirror. You really believe Comair has started the new standards with regional growth. If you do your in bad shape.

Skywest is even worst than ACA. They refuse to unionize, so pilots like us have to do all the hard work, like strike, so skywest pilots can benifit.

We haven't "unionized" because we work for an awesome airline and we are happy where we work. Are you:confused:??

Besides, you guys still make more money than us (slightly) so how do you call that a benefit?

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
ACA+I% CRAP we had to fight while we were on strike.

You people folded after just 10 months of negotiations while we were fighting for our lives to get a great contract for 3 plus years. ACA pilots did nothing to raise the bar, and as far as I am concerned, are a bunch of sell outs.

And this SKYWEST pilot is upset at me for being mean to his ACA buds. Well, Skywest is even worst than ACA. They refuse to unionize, so pilots like us have to do all the hard work, like strike, so skywest pilots can benifit. [/B]

[AFELLOWAVIATOR [/i]

Great contract.....It took you guys "3+ years fighting for your lives", and going on strike just to get where everyone else was in the regional Industry. Yeah nice job! problem is your head is too big. As far as Skywest being non union....I think that's great they can trust the company not to screw them, plus they don't pay union dues. Iv'e never heard anything bad about the people at skywest! unlike comair

Well, now I am unhappy and cannot get a job at a major because I have opinions based on fact. If that is all you can give in reply then I quess you all agree.

I actually am very proud of my airline, and despite having to fight ACA +1% CRAP, we fought a good fight and we all hold our heads up high.

Airlines like skywest are what we refer to as "leaches" in the industry.
They reap the rewards for our sacrifices.

You may think I sound bitter, and maybe I come across like that, but I am not. I just have opinions and spout them out on this forum.
Actually, I would never make an ACA or Skywest pilot feel uncomfortable or unwelcome on my jumpseat, that thing is sacride, and personnel feelings should never come into that area.

Straight from the Delta the latest results of Connection carriers for the week ending Sept 19:

Departures (within :05): Skywest 86.8%; AAEagle 86.0%; ACA 78.4%; Comair 72.7%; ASA 61.0%; Goal 74.8%.

Arrivals (within :15): Skywest 92.5%; AAEagle 88.5%; ACA 83.4%; Comair 79.8%; ASA 69.7%; Goal 82.9%.

Completion Rate: AAEagle 98.9%; Comair 98.7%; Skywest 98.5%; ASA 97.1%; ACA 95.4%; Goal 96.9%.

I wish you guys would back up your arguements with some facts instead of me having to go find it myself. It makes for much better reading.

An8tor:

What problems is Chautauqua having getting the MCO base started? State some facts. RP (Chautauqua code) is scheduled to start flying Dec 1, with 3 roundtrips each to MCO and TPA from CMH. From what I understand they already have a maint hanger in CMH and they have secured a maint. facility in MCO thats already adequate for the expected 22 confirmed aircraft.

Hellas:

You are quite correct that in the audit of Chautauqua it scored the highest in safety of any Delta Connection, including the wholly-owned carriers. They have a very impressive operation, we just hope they can produce the same results here that they have at other carriers. RP can expect to see some of the 30 options confirmed aprox. 6 months after the start if they produce favorable results and the economy doesn't completely tank. They should be commended on the improved on time/completion results in STL over the previous carrier. Especially of late; the last numbers I saw were above 99% completion and 93%+ arrival in STL; thats impressive.

Afellowaviator:

You might want to spread the word up in CVG, Delta will take the company that provides a quality product at the cheapest rate. In fact Chautauqua was 2% lower than ACA. In addition the 37 seat Embraer has lower operating cost than the 40 seat Canadair. The 40 and 50 seat CRJ have the same operational cost structure with the exception of the manufacturer leasing arrangements. Chautauqua is an Embraer operator, which was an additional cost advantage because none of the other Delta Connection carriers are certified for this equipment. By buying ASMs from Chautauqua it enhanses Delta's ability to place service capacity in a low-yield market at a lower cost and without a large capital investment.

I'm not sure you Connection guys have access to the Delta Net, all of this is available in it.

sideshow said:

I am just tired of the union guys saying that the company has looked at the flush as an opion, and have run all the number to see where everyone would stand. At the same time we are hiring as fast as we can.

And what "UNION GUY" said that there will be a bump and flush at this point at ACA? You know as well as I do that this has not been spoken of since by the company nor you union reps since early this year.

After 9-11 the company DID propose AS AN OPTION ONLY the possibility of furloughs as UAL management forcast a "large flying reduction with possible scope limitations". Our MEC only spoke about the possibility of a flush as to prepare the pilots for the worst. Well, here we are one year later and the worst has not happened.

As for the continued hiring...ACA will take delivery, on average, of one new CRJ every ten days beginning in March 2003. Combined with the retirement of the J41's it will entail the hiring of no more than 150 new pilots.

This is where ACA is now on fleet and hiring projections.

Any Questions?

"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man"

Right On!

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
Well, now I am unhappy and cannot get a job at a major because I have opinions based on fact. If that is all you can give in reply then I quess you all agree.

I actually am very proud of my airline, and despite having to fight ACA +1% CRAP, we fought a good fight and we all hold our heads up high.

Airlines like skywest are what we refer to as "leaches" in the industry.
They reap the rewards for our sacrifices.

You may think I sound bitter, and maybe I come across like that, but I am not. I just have opinions and spout them out on this forum.
Actually, I would never make an ACA or Skywest pilot feel uncomfortable or unwelcome on my jumpseat, that thing is sacride, and personnel feelings should never come into that area.

Sir, you are correct about the sacrifices of the union pilots and their "leaching" cohorts at other companies getting a smidgen of the rewards. It's OK though. How long will it be until Skywest has a change of even one senior manager or board member? He might well decide that Jonathan Ornstein is their hero, just like wall street loved Frank Lorenzo! Then we will see where they stand.

Blue Skies Comair Dude!

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes a bigger man to laugh at that man".

You must be kidding

"Airlines like skywest are what we refer to as "leaches" in the industry.
They reap the rewards for our sacrifices."

Exactly who is we? I am an ALPA member and I don't remember getting any union communication to tell US what to think about Skywest. As far as I and alot of people are concerned more power to Skywest and their management and pilot group if they choose not to unionize. I know it may be hard for you to wrap your brain around but there are actually alot of people that are not in a union. That's awfully kind of you to still allow those leaches to ride in your jumpseat. I'm not sure the what the pecking order is, leaches or ACA+1% people.

Latest resources

Back