ACA Grow or Flush?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AV8ATOR

I have seen so many statements about ACA that others make. I just get a kick out of reading this statements.
One thing I learned a long time ago. If you bring up statments about others, it takes the focus off other items. Just like in politics.

TV
CRJ/FO
ACA

CHQ Problems?

What are the spcific problems that CHQ is having setting up the MCO base? I keep hearing that from the ACA guys. Also, I didn't realize that the ACA pilots sat with CHQ management and Delta management when they negoitiated the DCI contract. How do you know that CHQ underbid everyone else. Could it be that CHQ provides a QUALITY product with reliable jets compared to the competition.

CHQ is NOT having problem setting up the base and the fact is that we did get the DC contract based on bid, history of service and availability (options) of RJ's, as a matter of fact CHQ can boast the highest score ever given to any Delta carrier for safety and backround check during the Delta audit of CHQ. That statement is as as per Delta Airlines..The schedules are set to start out of CMH and MCO. And we have 22(5 145's and 17 135's) firm orders coming to DC with an option of 30 more. CHQ has 52 jets operating and the last of 5 SAAB's are gone completely in 6 days. If all goes well and Delta chooses to exercise the options by next year that will make 104 RJ's within the next 24 months. And we are in contract negotiations, with an upgrade time of 24 months...Would you like an address to send a resume' ;)

You people should hear what the Delta station people in LGA, IND, and every other place ACA has been say about it. The LGA people are extremely glad to be getting rid of them. They cannot wait. The station mgr. told me Comairs on time and reliability at LGA is always wayyyy above ACA's, and they look forward to things getting back on track in November when they leave.

You people should hear what the Delta station people in LGA, IND, and every other place ACA has been say about it. The LGA people are extremely glad to be getting rid of them. They cannot wait. The station mgr. told me Comairs on time and reliability at LGA is always wayyyy above ACA's, and they look forward to things getting back on track in November when they leave.

You call yourself A fellow Aviator? I call you a fellow Jerk.
You sound really stuck up too. What do you have against ACA???
I work at SkyWest and have friends that work for ACA as well as Comair. I think both are good companies. Why don't you write about something else.

Or are you too unhappy with your life?

Since ACA is the only airline I've ever worked for I can't really comment on any other carrier except to say that out of the 3 United Express carriers we are last in on time perfermance. I'm not sure about Delta but management has said Delta is happy with us and the Dornier 328 jet but not with it's dispatch reliability. So I'm sure our on-time performance is last over there as well. The reasons are many, some of which have to do with crews and most of which do not. I believe that ACA is the only regional/express/commuter using ACARs and that is going to make a difference with those oooi times. One minute late is no longer on time. I know we are the only United Express partner that uses ACARs.

However, there are many other problems with getting the flights out on time which the company up until now has not done too much about. That has changed in the last few months due to management being informed that the selection of partners to get future work would depend on performance. They have really been focusing on that and have made several changes to the entire boarding process. We will just have to wait and see what the numbers tell us but my feeling is they will improve. How much, who knows.

And as far as ACA getting any additional flying for Delta or United I doubt anyone on this board has any clue. It's just a rumor and that's what most people like to debate on this board, rumors. I have heard about "re-alignment" (flush) from people in the union at ACA but that is just something they like to talk about at their union slumber parties. The facts are ACA is in a serious hiring mode for whatever reason. The people in the training and hiring departments are not really sure why if you look at the numbers. 151 airplanes @ 10 crewmembers = 1510 pilots + 200 instructors, people on leave etc. + 200 for good measure == around 1900 pilots give or take. We have plans to hire more than that. On the latest seniority list we had 1527 pilots through 7/8/02 and alot of people hired. I believe the ealier quote was correct about planes per block instead of pilots per plane. Adding one plane would not necessarily add 5 crews but we are also increasing the amount of flying we are doing.

AFELLOWAVIATOR-

Didn't you get fired by ACA!!?

I just think he's a little upset that there are now 5 Delta Connxn carriers -- and one's moved into Comair's backyard.

I've heard from reliable sources that, although the Dornier has a lackluster dispatch reliablility, DL likes the fact that the little jet fills a niche, especially out of CVG.

I don't think AFELLOWAVIATOR will be gloating about ACA pilots on the street anytime soon.

Latest resources

Back