Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sideshow

The latest at ACA:

We are going to get 70 seaters for United.

Open a base in Salt Lake City for Delta using CRJ's in Jan.

At the same time we are going to "Flush" everyone and furlough off the bottom.

You decide?

These all came from a high union guy at ACA.

One thing to consider is if you get hired you are not making Capt for at least 3-4 yrs. With 151 airplanes at 5 crews each we are getting close to all the pilots needed. Unless one of the rumers come true.:eek:

Same rumors that have been going around, although the 70 seater with preferential hiring is a new one.

If it makes anyone feel better, I believe the jets are stocked with nearly 7 crews per plane as opposed to the Jetstream with around 4.5 per plane.

???????

what the ??????????
**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** rumors!
:rolleyes:

How "high" was this union guy?

I don't understand how we would get new aircraft yet be able to "furlough from the bottom."

We are far from fat on pilots, and there is nothing but sustained growth on the horizon.

The pilot numbers do not compute. Its 2nd grade math, we are going to have 151 airplanes when its all done. With 5 crews per airplane that comes to 1510 pilots needed.
Right now as of the 3rd quarter pilot list we have 1526 with tons of guys over in the training building and 150 guys in a pool. We are suppose to hire 400 guys next year, we are going to have well over 2000 pilots for 151 aiplanes. Take out the instructors and management guys and we will still have too many pilots for the amount of airplanes. The numbers do not add up!

One problem we have always had is too many pilots in certain airplane and not enough in others. Going to only 2 airplanes that should become less of a problem.

I agree we are nothing but growth and somewhere we are getting more airplanes for the 4-500 "extra" pilots we will have. I have personally talked to Dean Hess in the hiring department about why we are hiring so many and he said he has not been told why but we must be getting 30 airplane from somewhere that no one knows about.

I am just tired of the union guys saying that the company has looked at the flush as an opion, and have run all the number to see where everyone would stand. At the same time we are hiring as fast as we can.

Latest resources

Back