• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Grow or Flush?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"we have no hope of ever accomplishing what we set out to do, which was over time bring the Regional contracts up to par with mainlines. "

I didn't know people were setting out to make regional contracts parallel with the mainlines. ?? I mean guys playing triple A ball don't make the earnings as guys do in the big dance. I would think that aligning the mainline and regional contracts would mean new hires into Lakes with 3000 TT and 2000 ME(turbine) or more... ??

Being so new to the aviation world - Is that really the goal of regional airline pilots, to have competitive pay with the majors?? I didn't think so, but maybe i'm wrong.

What does everyone else think, or know..???

NDPILOT,

Good question. In fact, our goal was to bring Regional contracts up to par with Majors. What this meant was work rules, retirememt, and benifits. We never proposed that a RJ pilot would make the same hourly rate a Boeing pilot would make, that would not make sense. If a 777 has 300 seats and an RJ has 50, the revenue is not there for the RJ pilot to make what the 777 pilot makes.
But the work rules, retirement, and benifits should be in line with each other. We said over and over that a pilot is a pilot, period.
The difference in seats between an RJ and a 737 are much less than between a 737 and a 777, or 767, but the 737 pilot still gets the same work rules, retirement, and benifits as a 777, although the 737 pilots hourly rate is much less.
MGT. set out to classify the cl-65 as a "regional" jet so they could get away from the traditional work rules, retirement and benefits an Airline pilot has always earned, and we saw this attempt and tried our best to keep them from accomplishing this.
ACA's mgt. was able to convince them that we were wrong, and mgt. was right buy selling them on this "RJ" theory, and now with J4J endorsed by ALPA, it may never happen, in fact, I would say the war is lost, thanks in part to ACA's pilots, and to a larger extent, ALPA.
As far as the Skywest pilots are concerned, they too represent a major hurdle to any pilot group who wants to raise the bar. They remain on the out side looking in and represent a threat to Comair and ASA because of there non union status There is nothing a unionized pilot group hates worst than a non union pilot group coming on the property, as in DFW. The mere fact that they remain non union says they too, as ACA, are happy with there second class status, and will be of no help to any pilot group who tries to raise the bar.

Last edited:
Second class status???

Just because we are non-union does NOT mean we are second class status. WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT CLASS WHEN YOU HAVE NONE!! SKYWEST IS A FIRST CLASS COMPANY! If we weren't we wouldn't have moved into your precious DFW. Having a union means that you are not happy with management and the way they treat you. We are.

I think you should change your name from "AFELLOWAVIATOR" to "NOCLASSAVIATOR"

Personally, I have had enough of this discussion and am moving on.

Here is my idea for afellowaviator. Place him in the holding pattern and ignore him. Don't even give him the time of day. That is what she wants. Its sad that this want to be pilot is complaining.

JEEPMAN,

With all due respect, you don't have a clue!

When I said second class citizen, WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT IS THE WAY REGIONAL PILOTS ARE THOUGHT OF IN THE INDUSTRY.

We should not be happy with less than real pilot work rules, benifits and retirement. Re read my post.

oK, I will apologize for being mean to you and calling you a leach, I won't do that any more.

afellowaviator,

May I suggest Dale Carnegies "How to Win Friends and Influence People". Stating your opinions in a tactful and considerate way will get you alot further than criticizing. Cant you see that no one is paying any attention to the subject of your posts because of the way that you are presenting them.

46Driver:

I was not aware that any of the regionals at Delta Connection used ACARS. I am on vacation this week and I can only access DeltaNet on my home computer. I will attempt to find this info if its available next week.

I will also post the next set of ontime/completion numbers sometime this coming weekend.

Flying Dawg,
Thanks for the info -I'm kinda curious. Don't know if any of us are going to catch SkyWest - they run a pretty good operation over there - but I like to think we are closing the gap.

Latest resources

Back