• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Grow or Flush?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sir, you are correct about the sacrifices of the union pilots and their "leaching" cohorts at other companies getting a smidgen of the rewards. It's OK though. How long will it be until Skywest has a change of even one senior manager or board member? He might well decide that Jonathan Ornstein is their hero, just like wall street loved Frank Lorenzo! Then we will see where they stand.

Um, Cappy, you must been polishing your ALPA pin and missed him bashing ACA for folding after 10 months and getting a bad contract and not raising the bar and yada yada yada. I think he's right, we do have a crappy contract. But then again so does everyone else. But it's better than what there was, at least that's what they keep telling everyone...

I have opinions based on fact.

I think you should check the "Facts" that Flying Dawg posted. I believe ACA did better than Comair for on time arrivals & departures.

Leaches eh? Whatever.

Don't worry about the jumpseat. With all the new cities SkyWest is going into in the southeast, I'll use ours. Appreciate the offer though:cool:

To Flying Dawg,
Do you happen to know which Delta Connection carriers use ACARS and which ones do not? I know ACA does, I believe someone said SkyWest does on its United side only, and I do not know about the rest. Congrats to Chautaqua on getting MCO - wish we would've won it (much easier commute, especially now that AirTran is charging $25 to non-rev) but that's the breaks.....

An8tor:What problems is Chautauqua having getting the MCO base started? State some facts. RP (Chautauqua code) is scheduled to start flying Dec 1, with 3 roundtrips each to MCO and TPA from CMH. From what I understand they already have a maint hanger in CMH and they have secured a maint. facility in MCO thats already adequate for the expected 22 confirmed aircraft.[/B]

I don't have any solid information about Chautauqua having problems getting the base started in MCO, just from what I hear from other people in the Industry. Looks like we beat Comair 2 out of 3 categories if all those numbers are correct.

Hunm?? fellowaviator I don't see you talking now. it seems to me that 2 out 3 is pretty clear that ACA is doing something right!

on a personal note:
Never talk the man next to you down.....you'll never know when you'll ever need a lending hand. being proud is a good thing, but being arrogant and telling the whole world about is unprofessional and distasteful. Grow up!

sideshow said:

Um, Cappy, you must been polishing your ALPA pin and missed him bashing ACA for folding after 10 months and getting a bad contract and not raising the bar and yada yada yada. I think he's right, we do have a crappy contract. But then again so does everyone else. But it's better than what there was, at least that's what they keep telling everyone...

You are **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** right I polish my ALPA pin! I can tell you first hand how hard a union of pilots has to fight for everything they get! I find it quite amusing that you have no trouble criticizing your union reps on a public web site, yet hold no contemt for those (read Skywest) that will NEVER have the power nor desire to "raise the bar" as you say.

I don't have a problem with anyone criticizing our contract, which consists of MUCH more in gains than just hourly rates, by the way. I'm sure you must have MANY great ways and plans to improve ACA's contract. So why don't you, yes YOU, run for IAD LEC Captain or First Officer Rep (whatever you are) since the nominations are now shelved until October?

Remember sideshow "a union is only as strong or weak as it's membership participates".

"People who bite the hand that feeds them usually lick the boot that kicks them".

Eric Hoffer

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes a bigger man to laugh at that man".

Blue Skies

>>As far as having any thing against the ACA pilots, well, most all Comair pilots will never forget the ACA+I% CRAP we had to fight while we were on strike.

You people folded after just 10 months of negotiations while we were fighting for our lives to get a great contract for 3 plus years. ACA pilots did nothing to raise the bar, and as far as I am concerned, are a bunch of sell outs. <<

---------------------------------------
AFELLOWAVIATOR,

As an ACA pilot, I couldn't care less what you think of ACA or its pilots. I would ask you to remember, however, that while you were going through all that "CRAP" during the strike, it was, in part, all of us "sell-outs" who were writing you checks while you were on the street. We were also some of the same guys walking the picket lines with you. I would never expect you to say "thanks" but just think about that the next time you feel the need to spout off about ACA.

I have nothing but respect for your fellow Comair pilots. I am confident that your opinions are not reflected in the rest of the pilot group.

-Blueridge

Blah, blah, blah....can't we all just get along.

I have to chime in wrt to ACA operational performance. Continually we're compared to Comair, Skywest, ASA who operate different AC types and different locations. The Dornier 328 has been a maintenace PIG. Our maint. is practically re wriiting the manuals for it with liitle support from Germany (Insolvent). Now the CRJ is vacuum tubes compared to the 328 and is more reliable - how was it in the early 90's for Comair as launch customer - bet you got a lot of support from Bombardier...

Operating in the Eastern corridor is no freakin' picnic either. How can you lump ACA DCI's BOS and LGA on time performance against that of Comair CVG and Skywest SLC etc. There's no comparison, sooner or later Lagarbage is going to drag your numbers down. CVG is a well oiled machine. I'd like to see ACA's CVG specific ops numbers cause I bet there not too bad.

unbelievable...

I cant believe how some people bitch and bitch and yell and try to bring each others jobs down. Right now its just nice to have a job, and to hear all this complaining and bashing is unreal. Ive been in the airlines for just about 2 years now, and i know thats not that long, but i have always been so surprised how everyone wants to put each others job down. I think its the last thing we should worry about especially with the way things are. Trust me, it pisses me off too to hear people bashing on my job and the company i work for, but people like that have to be ignored, because it just brings everyone down, including myself...

Just my 2 cents...

Re: unbelievable...

walkthasky said:
'I cant believe how some people bitch and bitch and yell and try to bring each others jobs down. Right now its just nice to have a job, and to hear all this complaining and bashing is unreal'

It's the nature of the beast. Get used to it. Just because people are working doesn't mean they won't have issues - the issues will just be relative to their situation (in this case employment).

Latest resources

Back