• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Grow or Flush?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When it comes to people acting superior and bashing other airlines, do what I do and just ignore it. Crap like that just rolls off my back. I don't really care what anyone else thinks about ACA, just as long as I like it.

And I don't think there will ever be a time when anyone is completely satisfied with their job, either. You can always get more pay or better benefits, but why occupy all your free time worrying about it?

Just my opinion. Take it or leave it.

(former) EOPilot

Well, this thread is disappointing, to say the least. The industry is in a state of turmoil; with fellow pilots on the street everywhere we turn. If we can't even get along as professionals, how will this industry survive?

Let's face it, no airline is perfect. There are pros and cons to working at any company, but to sit here and publicly tear someone's employer down on the forum .... Well, that's downright unprofessional in my opinion. "AFELLOWAVIATOR" should learn to keep his negative commentary to himself. The last thing we all need right now is someone tearing this industry down even further with this type of dissention.

I worked at ACA for three years. They were always a professional organization, and treated us well. As far as selling out .... that's BS. The MEC negotiated the best way possible at the time in question. If you feel that ACA pilots wronged you in any way, just feel free to send your strike pay back. No personal checks please :)

Last edited:
WOW!

I seemed to of upset a lot of non union leaches and under performing pilots hear.
Some one posted ONE WEEKS perfornance numbers . So what. Lets look back six months as a whole and see who is in the basement. Geez!
Actually, at LGA, our performance has always been well above ACA"s.

There is a deep rooted feeling at Comair that ACA pilots sold out the industry with there pathetic 10 month bargaining. The damage is done, and now with the J4J crap unfolding at USSCARE, we have no hope of ever accomplishing what we set out to do, which was over time bring the Regional contracts up to par with mainlines.
ALPA Nat. , in endorsing the J4J crap, has said to mgt. that we were wrong and foolish to set goals so high.

When I heard ACA pilots buying off on the "pie" theory there mgt. gave them, we were in shock that they would fold so quickly.

You people never saw the big picture, and will go down in history as a pilot group who helped mgt. win the war of the "small jet"

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
WOW!

I seemed to of upset a lot of non union leaches and under performing pilots hear.

I'm not sure what language this was written in, but if you are referring to me as an under-performing, non-union leach, PM me and we'll discuss it one-on-one.

I can document plenty of years of paid ALPA dues, so get off you high horse. If "under-performing" is in reference to my current status, keep this in mind ... you and your superior company can be next. No one is above furlough. I do feel sorry for the poor sap that has to sit with you and your ego for an entire rotation.

Last edited:
750driver,
I don't know about this guy. Really, I don't think he works for the airline. I think he is in here to start up crap.

Concur with C141FE. I know some of the Comair bubbas and they are regular guys - this just sounds like bait.

C141FE / 46driver:

I'm sure you guys are right. I just can't listen to this guy bashing my old company for no reason. Many friends of mine work for both ACA and Comair, and I know this guy doesn't represent the way they feel ;)

I have been with ACA for about 3months now. I know those who left and went to other airlines with bad blood. I am an ALPA member and I would never bash anyone for not being in an union calling them names. Now I will say I have names for those who cross the picket line.
If this guy is for real, I would like for him to met at his hub and discuss this problems in person, instead of behind a computer.

Latest resources

Back