ACA Contract Concessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Concierj said:
made 36k my first year at ACA (includes per diem)

Well, which is it? Keeps going up. 28K, 32K, 36K? Or have you lost the concept of what you actually made? Over 70% of pilots at ACA PFT'd . Lots of pride there too....

Some other people just don't get it....

LOL

Wow... you really dug for that post huh? I think i posted that over a year ago.... i dont know whether to be flattered that you dug for it... or feel sorry for you that you have that much time on your hands....

28 plus 5.5 is 33.5. After doing my taxes and figuring out actual per diem it was 36.3K... but still.. how many Mesa pilots will make even close to 28k thier first year without per diem? If you dont know.. W4 doesnt show per diem.... my first yr W4 shows 28.8 plus 1.50 and raises of per diem. Avg a 17 day work month and you come up with 7,344...that works out to be 36,144 off the top of my head...

ACA was roughly 500 pilots deep when PFT was abolished. We now have 1600 pilots on property after the 87 furloughed. You may want to double check your figures...

Last edited:
Beantown said:
I Since I don't have a fax why don't you share how you reached this magic number in year one? -Bean

I think the other guy already dug deep into past posts to explain. However, try doing that with 35.00 a year for the second year.. and see what you come up with.... Happy Hunting....

oh.. and i think i actually flew less than 800 block my first year... average 11-13 days off per month....

get a fax.. i have no problem faxing it out to you :)

Last edited:
RJPilott said:
Wow... you really dug for that post huh? I think i posted that over a year ago.... i dont know whether to be flattered that you dug for it... or feel sorry for you that you have that much time on your hands....

28 plus 5.5 is 33.5. After doing my taxes and figuring out actual per diem it was 36.3K... but still.. how many Mesa pilots will make even close to 28k thier first year without per diem? If you dont know.. W4 doesnt show per diem....

ACA was roughly 500 pilots deep when PFT was abolished. We now have 1600 pilots on property after the 87 furloughed. You may want to double check your figures...

So you are saying that you made $8,300 your first year in Per Diem? That is an average of 432 hrs (based on 1.60 an hr which is a guess) away from base EVERY month from your first day on line. What a bunch of B.S. You are so full of sh$t.

For comparison, my first year at CCAir I made just over $4000 in per diem (at $1.45) and had a line from my second month

Instead of faxing it to me why don't you spend a couple minutes here and break it down for all of us. Looking forward to it. -Bean

Last edited:
i edited my post.. .do the math Einstein...

you're not too bright are you Bean....

Must be the reason you are still furloughed and defending Mesa pilots to get your CCAir job back...lol

1.50 x 24=36 per day

17 x 36 = 612 per month (based on 13 off per month which i was actually less that 13 for my first year)

612 x 12 (months in a year) = 7344....

again.. this is off the top of my head. I have no desire to pull out tons of paperwork. Unless you really want me to fax it..... some things need to remain private...

Now.... the real question is... do you think i was overpaid?

Last edited:
I'm with Bean on this one and have to throw the BS flag. $36,300 the first year at ACA???

Not unless you count in profit from slingin crack on a street corner on the overnights.

Even a long 4 day is usually in the neighborhood of 72 hours TAFB. Assuming you do 5 full 4 days a month (5 x 72) thats only 360 per month. Which in turn is only 4320 for a year. Multiply that times $1.50 and it's still only $6480.00 per diem. And you can't do that with 13 days off a month.

Needless to say, if you work that much, you have NO quality of life.

I really could care less how much you made. But 36+ at any regional just don't jive.

All that being said, I agree with you RJ. You were not over paid. Even at your imaginary first year $36,300.

Last edited:
Bean,

I'll let RJPilot defend himself, however there were many pilots at ACA that made 36,000 there first year. The reason was that many J31 FO's reached upgrade time in less then a year. My former flight instructor got hired their in May of 2000 and could have upgraded in six months. However since he was on the J31 they gave him captain pay to stay in the right seat untill the plane was retired. He made around 36 or 37. I talked to another one of my instructors who was hired July of 2001 into the J41. He made about 27K his first year. He flew about 690 hours.

MetroSheriff said:
I'm with Bean on this one and have to throw the BS flag. $36,300 the first year at ACA???

Not unless you count in profit from slingin crack on a street corner on the overnights.

actually.. now that you mention it Metro.. i forgot to count 250-450 per quarter in Share the Success Checks we get (thats after taxes,,, our last Share The Success was 720 for the quarter before taxes)... Thanks for reminding me...

cocknbull said:
Bean,

I'll let RJPilot defend himself, however there were many pilots at ACA that made 36,000 there first year. The reason was that many J31 FO's reached upgrade time in less then a year. My former flight instructor got hired their in May of 2000 and could have upgraded in six months. However since he was on the J31 they gave him captain pay to stay in the right seat untill the plane was retired. He made around 36 or 37. I talked to another one of my instructors who was hired July of 2001 into the J41. He made about 27K his first year. He flew about 690 hours.

Thanks Bulll,

if we count upgrades.. and LGA... there were pilots making close to 100k their 3rd year at ACA...

Want me to include the instructor salaries now?

and the fact still remains we get paid for cancellations... and we get paid a semi-respectable wage with respectable per diem. So,,, should we now take concessions?

RJPilott said:
actually.. now that you mention it Metro.. i forgot to count 250-450 per quarter in Share the Success Checks we get (thats after taxes,,, our last Share The Success was 720 for the quarter before taxes)... Thanks for reminding me...

I am not saying that it couldn't be done. I don't know your contract well enough to say. My point was that it could not be done with any quality of life. I regularly bid low block lines because at FO payrates, my time off with the family is more important than the measly few bucks I could make by working my ass off. At Captain rates it is a different story. And as far as instructors...don't get me started. LOL

It has been done.. many times over.

Now does someone care to put the 2003 Mesa contract under the microscope? With thier 1.15 per diem and their no pay for cancellations? and 8-10 days off per month?

Be sure to compare their +70 seat FO's to our 50 seat FO's and our contract provisions for per diem, days off, cancellation pay. Heck, may as well go further to include our J41 FO's as a comparison to their 90 seat FO's since most of our J41 FO's make 35+/hr their second year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back