ACA Contract Concessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJPilott said:
i edited my post.. .do the math Einstein...

1.50 x 24=36 per day

17 x 36 = 612 per month (based on 13 off per month which i was actually less that 13 for my first year)

612 x 12 (months in a year) = 7344....

again.. this is off the top of my head. I have no desire to pull out tons of paperwork. Unless you really want me to fax it..... some things need to remain private...

Now.... the real question is... do you think i was overpaid?

That would make sense if you didn't work (or not work) a single day on reserve in your first year and 24 hr days every day (not possible) you are on duty. Lets face it, the average pilot at ACA makes no where near 36k the first year. 27-28k is much more realistic and would only be a couple thousand more then at Mesa.

Must be the reason you are still furloughed and defending Mesa pilots to get your CCAir job back...lol

Ya jacka$$, I am the only guy out there who has been furloughed a while. Your an ignorant prick. The fact is I have another job offer from another airline but b/c I am at 3rd yr pay, can live at home (CLT) and will have 250 pilots below me at Mesa I will probable go there. Just makes more sense for me and my family. I will be the first to say that I am not looking forward to some of the things that I will have to deal with at Mesa but it is no where as bad as you would like to make others think it is. Good luck to all the guys at ACA. I hope you stand strong, if not, don't blame it on Mesa. -Bean

Last edited:
MetroSheriff said:
And you can't do that with 13 days off a month.

Needless to say, if you work that much, you have NO quality of life.

Now imagine 8 days off per month for reserve, and 10 off for line holders with no cancellation pay. Then imagine making 1.15 per diem and horrible pay rates included. And there you have Mesa....

Beantown said:

Ya jacka$$, I am the only guy out there who has been furloughed a while. Your an ignorant prick. The fact is I have another job offer from another airline but b/c I am at 3rd yr pay, can live at home (CLT) and will have 250 pilots below me at Mesa I will probable go there. Just makes more sense.

Thans Bean.. .you have just proven my point and solidified the reason i will not whore myself out. Enjoy...

How does it feel it will take another 3-4 years for you to come close to a second yr FO at ACA?

BTW, get a fax number, and i'll fax it to you. You really seem to be in denial. I'll show you... really

I have a fax... i can afford one.. .for now...

Last edited:
RJPilott said:
Now imagine 8 days off per month for reserve, and 10 off for line holders with no cancellation pay. Then imagine making 1.15 per diem and horrible pay rates included. And there you have Mesa....

The days off are a minimum, the average pilot gets about 13/14 days off (does that sound familiar to you?). They HAVE cancellation pay (controlled only). The contract sucks, but again, not as bad as you would make it seem. -Bean

okey dokey... if you feel you have a place you will be happy at... all the more power to ya...

I for one couldnt look in the mirror knowing i have invested so much for so little....

and im a pretty good looking guy...

pride my friend.. pride!

Last edited:
RJPilott said:
Thans Bean.. .you have just proven my point and solidified the reason i will not whore myself out. Enjoy...

It's real easy to sit on this board and yap. It's easy to say that you wouldn't do this or that if you were unemployed. Hopefully you won't have to find out. Again, good luck at ACA. -Bean

Beantown said:
It's real easy to sit on this board and yap. It's easy to say that you wouldn't do this or that if you were unemployed. Hopefully you won't have to find out. Again, good luck at ACA. -Bean

i sold cars in the early 90's cause of whores like you. I took limos to NYC while making 52k at age 22. I will gladly go back to it before i share a bedroom with 3 others and debate on who will boil the water for our Ramen noodle dinner with a 0500 show the next morning and 10 off per month.

RJPilott said:

I have a fax... i can afford one..

Next time you are in CLT why don't you stop by my 3 story house. I will be happy to show you around. Don't worry about me, I have everything I need and then some. Have fun with that fax. -Bean

I just got a call from my buddy.. .he got the Hawker job... which actually turned into a LR60 position starting at 37.5...

Furloughed from ACA 1 week and a day... and this all before ACA even implemented actual furloughs....

Hes 25... has 2000 hours... and is now Asst Dir of Training and they are giving him an ATP and type in the LR60...

jobs are out there fellas... go look you whores.....

by the way Bean... if you want his phone number.. PM me... you lazy A$$!!!

Last edited:
Beantown said:
Next time you are in CLT why don't you stop by my 3 story house. I will be happy to show you around. Don't worry about me, I have everything I need and then some. Have fun with that fax. -Bean [/QUOTE

3 story house?? You have everything you need and then some?and you want to go back to CCAir??? lol... well obviously CCair isnt paying for it... its people like you that ruin our profession.... I have worked hard for my career... i dont have everything i need and then some.... im trying to make a living doing what i love. Some of us dont have the luxury of investing in a career with ample redundancy where we can take jobs at CCAir while living in a 3 story house and having "everything we need AND THEN SOME"!!!!!!!

I will gladly stop by.. you buy the steak and beers too.. huh? PM me your number... i'll show you what pride is about.... Strictly professional.... no testosterone...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back