• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Contract Concessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kind of pathetic for them to lump Expressjet in there with the others. XJT is currently deep in contract negotiations and operating on a 6 year old contract.

ACABlueridge said:
Well, I would like for a Mesa pilot to now tell me that signing that POS contract isn't going to affect the rest of the regionals. Give me a break, we are already seeing it thrown in our faces and it has only been a week since they sold their souls. Thanks again.

BTW, management HAS already taken pay cuts.

The fact is if Mesa had voted no on that contract, they would still be listed in that group and your company would still be asking for concessions. (the old contract was worse then the new one) This has to do with the problems at UAL and the fact that your company is looking for a backup plan. It has NOTHING to do with Mesa's new contract. The balls now in your court. Lets see how you handle it. -Bean

Thaniks for tossing us the ball Bean. Next time try to toss us a clean one so we dont get sh't all over us while trying to clean the mess Mesa made for us and other carriers in negotiations like CHQ and XJT...

Fact is.. if you guys were united and had some self respect, you would be respected by the rest of us that are trying to earn a decent living. You may be out of a pilot job at Mesa for voting no, but what is a pilot job worth at Mesa with your new contract? I for one would much rather find something new so i can pay my bills while having some self respect left till i can get on with a carrier that at least shows some pride in their work rules and pay rates. And it just may come down to that.. i will quit before i work for Mesa related wages and work rules. Its probably the major reason i chose not to send a resume to Mesa in the first place.. ya think?

How does it feel you guys make less than an FA, a Car salesman, a trash collector etc etc? Those jobs dont even require experience. How much time and money did you invest in your career? What is the result?

Last edited:
How does it feel you guys make less than an FA, a Car salesman, a trash collector etc etc? Those jobs dont even require experience. How much time and money did you invest in your career? What is the result?

It's a riot when other regional pilots ask pilots at Mesa or other of the lower paid regional how they feel making so little when they only make 5-7% or so more. If the pilots at Mesa make less then an FA or Car salesman it is very likely you also do. You make fun of the Mesa pay but the fact is you (and your great contracts) only make a couple thousand more. If you don't want to take a pay cut don't! It is your choice and no one else's. -Bean

ps When/if you guys cave in and give Mgmt the pay cuts, don't even try and blame it on Mesa. You wouldn't listen to the Mesa pilots that tried to use Freedumb as there excuse for there problems. Don't try and use Mesa as yours. It won't fly.

eaglefly said:
On the bright side the Mesa guys deserved what they got.

Nothing.

And the Eagle guys got what they deserve, a crap contract forever! The fact is Mesa will be well into one or maybe two new contracts before Eagle gets rid of there crap contract. Nice try though. -Bean

some people just dont get it...lol

i made 36k my first year at ACA (includes per diem)

I made 42K my second....

Both years as an FO...and i still feel thats underpaid for the amount of responsibility and investment.

send me a PM with a fax number.. i'll show you my W4....

Its about work rules, staying informed and pride my friend.... Something which you obviously have no concept of...

I have buddies furloughed from ACA that are already lining up 36k/yr jobs flying Hawkers with less time than you... The jobs are out there. Get off your lazy a$$ no self-respect opinion and go look..

A polyester suit and a CRT panel doesnt mean sh't to me unless i can have a decent lifestyle. I'll fly a 172 on weekends before i break sweat for Mesa or Mesa related work rules and wages. I love flying, but not that much to be a whore.

I'd also like to add...

Before anyone thinks that LCC such as SWA and jB are similiar to the Mesa's of the industry, i had a jB Capt JS with us last week. He showed me his W4 at 185K. He was in his second year at jB and a Capt. That did not include his bonuses. I think if i were to be with a LCC, i can live off 185k plus bonuses. So, its kinda moot to compare mainline LCC to the whores that will eat ramen noodles to fly a jet.

Oh, and he was a Eagle FO when he got hired by jB.. maybe low 30's in age...

Last edited:
RJPilott said:
Yes, its true. I made 28k my first year at ACA. I did pick up some open time but nothing unusual. Maybe 5 trips total throughout the year. I estimated 4k for the year in per diem but i think its more like 5.5k. I was based out of LGA my first year. LGA was a money maker back then, and the lines were ALOT better. I rarely see a line over 80 hours out of LGA nowadays.

RJPilott said:
monthly guarantee at ACA is 75 hours. Our contract says lines will be built as close to 89 hours as possible. Most lines in IAD and ORD average in the high 80's while LGA lines havent come close to 89 hours in a long time (usually in the low 70's). CVG and BOS are somewhere in between. I made 32K my first year as an FO (includes per diem) at ACA while hardly picking up any open time. Your results may vary.

made 36k my first year at ACA (includes per diem)

Well, which is it? Keeps going up. 28K, 32K, 36K? Or have you lost the concept of what you actually made? Over 70% of pilots at ACA PFT'd . Lots of pride there too....

Some other people just don't get it....

LOL

Since when was Mesa making only 5% to 7% less than $130+ per hour for senior captains? If that's the case, SIGN ME UP!!!
Even Great Lakes has a better contract than Mesa...and they have the Teamsters for pete's sake!

RJPilott said:
some people just dont get it...lol

i made 36k my first year at ACA (includes per diem)

I wish I had a fax but I don't. Let me get this right. First year pay is $21.53 (or so). If you flew the full 1000 hrs that would be $21,530. Lets say you were bringing home $500 a month in per diem (that would be over 300 hrs out of base a month which is a lot for an average) that's $6,000 more for a total of $27,530. I assume you have block or better and premium pay. We had both at CCair (I don't work for Mesa you ass) and they might be worth a couple thousand if you work the system, that makes $29,530. What am I missing? I have given you the max hours allowed (very very unlikely considering you had to be on reserve much of the time), tons of time away from base and a little extra for working the system. Since I don't have a fax why don't you share how you reached this magic number in year one? -Bean

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back