• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Class Cancelations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny thing is I spoke with Training Sched. today for the CRJ and he knew nothing about all this so it seems there is most likely the same amount of people starting the 11th for the RJ, They just happen to be different folks.

YXFO

Hey,
Hows life at the new job?
Hope training and the move weren't to to bad take care
Jobear

Rightrudder......

"Bumped from class 3 days before it was to start? That really sucks. I can't believe a company would do that to a person, leaving them in the lurch like that just 3 days prior to class. Don't they know that people have quit jobs?"

From looking at your profile rightrudder, I wouldn't think that you would need to be told this anymore.....but here it goes.....

"Welcome to aviation..........."

ACA class Cancel

i got my cancelation call from dean hess on wed. 3 days prior to the class date.
he said somthing about their agreement with United went wrong and he dosent know when we are going to be recalled.

It doesn't matter how "seasoned" in the industry you are, it still sucks for those offered a class date and quit their jobs, only to have it cancelled a few days before it starts. It may be "part of the business" but it still sucks.

Nero...I don't think you meant recalled...maybe called for a class again.

I just checked the ALPA board and no rumors yet. I think it might be due to back up training, otherwise a lot more people would be affected. And no official annoucement either.

Sitting 123 from the bottom, hopefully it isn't UAL related.

RJ

Well it is 8 pm on Thursday night and as far as I know I am still in class on Monday the 11th. I did get a call earlier this week from ACA asking if I was going to be there on Monday but that was it. They finished the phone call by saying "looking forward to seeing you on Monday." Just hoping I can skate through tomorrow without a phone call from the 703 area code.

Furloughed...we appreciate the update.

What a/c are you headed for? CRJ

You will definitely enjoy ACA. Yes, it is a long training cycle (75 days), but it's a good company. Of course, like all airlines, people will complain (except Comair, they are great, LOL, we are just a contract Delta Connection).

Let me know if you have any last minute questions. I know nothing about the delayed classes though.

Good luck and have fun.

RJ

Ryjacks,

Thanks. I look forward to flying with ACA after being out for awhile. As far as complaining about the job, I spent almost seven years at another regional before I was hired by a major and then furloughed and am familiar with what you talk about. Almost a year on the street with no prospects (until ACA called) have put things in perspective for me, and I think the only complaining I will be doing anytime soon will be about people who complain. Later.

furloughed

Furloughed,

You've been in the biz long enough to know how it works.
If you get a call from the 703 area code, just don't pick up the phone and show up on Mon. Then say, "what call".

Good luck in class.

:D

Latest resources

Back