ACA Class Cancelations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sligo1

Was Scheduled for Nov 11 CRJ, Class Cancelled. Does anyone have a sccop on the news? Told to call later in the week, but could be 2 weeks or 2 months for new date.

j41 class on Nov 8th cancled

I have a buddy who was in the Nov. 8th J41 class he was told today he didn't have a class. Maybe they are bumping everyone back to allow those people to get into the class.

He has already moved and is jobless in IAD. I hope United didn't change ACA's plans. Hopefully it is a good thing like ACA is getting more jets and the 41 is going away faster than planned and the company isn't going to waste money training new hires on an a/c that is going away. I know some of the people from the 41 class are in the Nov. 11th CRJ class. I hope they get everyone in there (combine the 8th and 11th classes). However that would be a big challenge for the training Dept.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Fellow Blueridger

Bumped from class 3 days before it was to start? That really sucks. I can't believe a company would do that to a person, leaving them in the lurch like that just 3 days prior to class. Don't they know that people have quit jobs?

I hope they have the class to pay these folks, but I doubt it.

rightrudder said:
Bumped from class 3 days before it was to start? That really sucks. I can't believe a company would do that to a person, leaving them in the lurch like that just 3 days prior to class. Don't they know that people have quit jobs?

I hope they have the class to pay these folks, but I doubt it.

Please tell me you are trying to be sarcastic. If not, take a long look around this industry right now and try to get a grip on reality.

Nov 8th class

Was scheduled for Nov 8th class. Got a call yesterday from ACA saying it had been cancelled and I was moved to 11 NOV class. Not sure why.

Just an educated guess as to what is going on. In the last rolling bid ( which is how upgrades and transitions are bid for at ACA) they changed the rules on who is eligable to go to class and who is not. Junior people were given classes while senior pilots were withheld or denied classes. There are many grievances in process due to this.
So... I believe several of those senior people are being put into those classes to rectify the situation, at the expense of newhires. If this is the case please do not be upset because seniority is everything in this industry and people are doing their best to protect it. Once you are here you will understand. The new rolling bid shows a lot of open slots for new hires through June and all in the jets. Good Luck to all of those of you in the pool.

The November 4 DO-328JET class that was supposed to start on Monday was also cancelled, but there were only two people in that class. I don't know if they were reassigned later class dates or not.

I'll put forth my own theory as to why they might be doing this. Our training department is getting somewhat backed up right now. Folks are waiting two weeks at this point after their sim checkrides to start IOE. With the holidays coming up and many of the line check airman and IOE captains taking vacation, they might have just figured that this backup was only going to get worse and as a result are delaying some classes to fix the backlog. It obviously doesn't make finanical sense to have new-hires sitting around getting paid to wait for IOE. Anyway, hope that is the case and not something more "evil", as my friend Matt would say.

I haven't heard any bad news about my J-41 upgrade class to start November 12. I'm guessing that this would coincide with the November 11 class as newhires have orientation on the first day. Interesting.

Tailwinds...

Just interviewed with ACA today and Dean said we couldn't ask him any questions about the United situation. That did seem a little weird at the time, maybe there's something more to it or it could be standard.

Didn't hear anyone talking of anything bad coming. He said there are currently 120 people in the pool.

cgflyer

I am in the Novemeber 18th DOJet class should I be concerned about my class being changed/cancelled? Should I e-mail Dean? I do not want to be a bother, but I may be able to hold onto my job for a little while longer. Any thoughts?

Latest resources

Back