• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Abx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What about T.H. in Fla. Didn't he downbid to 767FO?

Per example 1 in my post, anyone can bid from any seat to 767FO because it's a "new" aircraft. Per example 2, a Captain could bid 767FO (or even DC8/DC9FO) if they were being surplused.

It would be a stretch for management to try and say this new domicile would not affect manning levels but then again look at their track record.

Sorta like, just because the contract says you "will meet to determine the changes necessary in this article to facilitate such a move" doesn't actually mean that you have to negotiate or anything (A.14,S.F Domicile Outside The Contiguous United States).

When I first heard about this Japan domicile idea, I pulled out the contract, read that paragraph and thought, "Well that's pretty clear." Wrong again!:confused:

xspud is correct. When surplused you can go to any seat where you are senior to someone in that seat. He is also correct concerning the 767 F/O seat. Since it is still considered a new plane anyone senior enough to be awarded a 767 F/O bid will be awarded that bid, that includes Captains of any of the airplanes. In the past when any upgrade vacancies have not been bid the company has brought new hires into those positions. It was common years ago for DC-8 F/O vacancies to not be bid and the company would bring new hires into these seats. These individuals were never allowed to bid back to the DC-9. The company has the option to assign crewmembers in reverse order of seniority to fill unbid vacancies instead of hiring. They could use this method to fill 767 F/0 seats with DC-9 F/O's thereby not exposing themselves to having DC-8 F/O upgrading and leaving the DC-8 undermanned.

latest "news" has the Japan domicile out.

Earnings were good, hopefully more good news on the way.

Sorta like, just because the contract says you "will meet to determine the changes necessary in this article to facilitate such a move" doesn't actually mean that you have to negotiate or anything (A.14,S.F Domicile Outside The Contiguous United States).

We have presented the company with a section six opener on the foreign domicile. I wouldn't be surprised if that scares them away from the idea of creating the domicile in Japan.

One thing to keep in mind is that ABX is a public company and as much as management would like to think they own ABX they are really just employees like everyone else. This ANA deal could be worth a lot of money to ABX and I don't think some of the big share holders would take kindly to this deal falling through because flight management wanted to show the pilots who is boss. As a group we want this to happen we just want to ensure that the quality of life for everyone is protected.

you cannot always down bid to the 767 example, if you bid DC9 captain after the 767 showed up you cannot bid 767 fo. IF you upgraded to DC8 or DC9 captain before the 767 came on the property then you can down bid to 767 fo. P.M. did it in ILN.

Latest resources

Back