• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those that ask, I would not cross the line......No way.

We need to work together to win.

Excuse my rants, i am not as bitter as I seemed.

My point was, that all the lawsuits etc, is no way to unify.

Last edited:
AV8OR, How did the picketing go today?

Thanks for askin'. I was on reserve today so, info is only trickling in, but, from what I heard, we had 70 or so of our guys there, and then some combo of Polar and Spirit guys showed up for a total of about 100. But the shangri la was that, after picketing outside AStar in MIA, they recieved approval of their permit for Plantation, FL, so they loaded up the bus, set up outside DHL, and let them get a little press as well. I'd say that it was a success.

What, (other than more TRO's and BS employee spin mailings for the cubicle crowd), it will produce has yet to be seen of course.

By the way, if you guys ever decide to travel for informational picketing at ABX, blast a little Dropkick Murphys....Shipping up to Boston on the speakers on the way there, and you'll be so pi$$ed off resolute by the time you get to your destination, you'll think just drank five Guiness Drafts and someone just cursed your mother.

Cheers!

Boy, you Abx guys seem a little too sensitive. It is too bad you can't see past your next pay check to realize what is trying to be done here. The Polar guys see it and now DHL takes notice that there is support. What is holding you guys back? Like someone said, even your union leaders realize it.
Remember, there is always stregnth in numbers.

Not quite sure what you’re complaining about. You want US to get YOUR contract for you? It’s your contract, YOU negotiate for it.

The only thing we have to do is make sure OUR contract is not concessionary. And trust me, we’re NOT negotiating a concessionary contract. Make sure YOU do the same.

Wasn't asking for you to negotiate our contract. Like I said stregnth always comes in numbers. If you haven't realized it yet, our managements and DHL are pitting us against each other. If we work together (Astar/ABX/Polar) then we are all much better off and our collective managements negotiating leverage would diminish.
The reality is that we are all in this mess together, and that is the only way to beat it. When it comes for your day to picket or strike, you will have my support.

Good luck with that

Wasn't asking for you to negotiate our contract. Like I said stregnth always comes in numbers. If you haven't realized it yet, our managements and DHL are pitting us against each other. If we work together (Astar/ABX/Polar) then we are all much better off and our collective managements negotiating leverage would diminish.
The reality is that we are all in this mess together, and that is the only way to beat it. When it comes for your day to picket or strike, you will have my support.

Support.....you must be joking. The majority of the ABX pilot group is one of the most self absorbed pilot groups out there. There are still guys out on the street and nobody really cares. I'm amazed at the amount of open time that is consumed and many of them are hungry for more. So if your looking for support from the core ABX guys you had better look elsewhere.

Boy, you Abx guys seem a little too sensitive. It is too bad you can't see past your next pay check to realize what is trying to be done here. The Polar guys see it and now DHL takes notice that there is support. What is holding you guys back? Like someone said, even your union leaders realize it.
Remember, there is always stregnth in numbers.
Don't expect much support from ABX guys until you guys drop the lawsuit. You're trying to take our jobs away via legal action, yet you want us to honor your picket line? I don't think so!

Don't expect much support from ABX guys until you guys drop the lawsuit. You're trying to take our jobs away via legal action, yet you want us to honor your picket line? I don't think so!

Again, you fail to see what is going on. You want to believe what others tell you, what you hear from your management or what your union lawyers say. If you don't know the specifics then you are shorting yourself.
If you haven't noticed, ABX has over 100 aircraft of which at least 80 fly for the DHL network. Do you really think that little Astar can take that from you. ALPA is going to protect and fight for the contract that was negotiated. Your guys would do the same thing if it was the other way around. The best outcome for all of us is if this lawsuite against DHL forced a merger. We would all be better off. Or we could just waite around and let DHL pit us against each other and see what comes next.
I for one and can probably say that most of my pilot group will not share in a race to the bottom. That is what DHL wants. They want outstanding on time performance with KittyHawk rates of pay. I would rather see this place shut down on our terms than to let DHL dictate our pay.

Latest resources

Back