• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From Astar's press release.<<ASTAR pilots carry roughly 50% of the weight out of the company's aerial hub, Wilmington, OH,>>

How did you guys come up with that??

Really, well ABX must be hauling almost nothing then on our 110 planes. I would bet our 767's alone carry more freight each day than Astars entire fleet. With 33 767's, many of them flying day and night sort, I think thats a safe bet.

I think we're closer to 90 planes flying for DHL, and maybe they're not counting the 6 or so out of RIV, but the point remains valid. We have twice as many airplanes out of ILN every night including almost as many widebodies as Astar's total fleet!

Maybe all is fair in love, war and negotiations?

I'd like to see the DHL USA pilot groups being supportive of each other's efforts to negotiate a fair contract. Seemingly exaggerated statements like "hauling 50% of the freight" makes it harder to think of Astar as allies rather than competitors, though.

Maybe it's not an exaggeration. Anybody got some facts?

Weight is not really comparing apples to apples.

Astar does alot of the day sort which is P2.

10Lbs of P2 is weighs more than 8Lbs of P1.....What puts more in DHL's coffers?

You have to think in terms of P1 volume........Weight is the freight forwarding way of viewing the situation!!

We all bulk out before we weight out with express anyhow.

Not saying that Astar does not carry a decent amount of P1 and P2, I just do not buy that with one third of the fleet of Abx they do half the work........

Just seems another way to slam Abx. It was our fault the hub imploded etc.

You sue for our jobs, you try to bargin to change your ACMI to include all the work thus our jobs......then you have the gaul to ask for our support.......all the while thumbing you nose at us, and actively seeking to put us all on the street!!

We are in this together, but we probably will both come out worse off, while you continue to try to eliminate us!!

:laugh:

Really, well ABX must be hauling almost nothing then on our 110 planes. I would bet our 767's alone carry more freight each day than Astars entire fleet. With 33 767's, many of them flying day and night sort, I think thats a safe bet.

:crying: :bawling: :crying: :bawling: :crying: :bawling: :crying: :bawling: :crying: :bawling:

Weight is not really comparing apples to apples.

Astar does alot of the day sort which is P2.

10Lbs of P2 is weighs more than 8Lbs of P1.....What puts more in DHL's coffers?

You have to think in terms of P1 volume........Weight is the freight forwarding way of viewing the situation!!

We all bulk out before we weight out with express anyhow.

Not saying that Astar does not carry a decent amount of P1 and P2, I just do not buy that with one third of the fleet of Abx they do half the work........

Just seems another way to slam Abx. It was our fault the hub imploded etc.

You sue for our jobs, you try to bargin to change your ACMI to include all the work thus our jobs......then you have the gaul to ask for our support.......all the while thumbing you nose at us, and actively seeking to put us all on the street!!

We are in this together, but we probably will both come out worse off, while you continue to try to eliminate us!!

Latest resources

Back