ABX Hiring!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya know, I think its only fair that we go back to that system. :eek:
Why should we senior pilots now have to suffer through actually flying on a reserve line?:rolleyes:
I mean when we were junior, we did all the reserve flying while the senior guys sat home, never having to work. Fair is fair, right?

I didn't say it was right. I only pointed out I had spent my time in the barrel, and indicated things were much better now than they had been. I supported those changes. I also feel my time in the barrel has earned me the rights I currently enjoy.

The system will no doubt change, but it should do so very slowly so that those like me can enjoy what we earned and not get penalized twice, one for being junior, and again for being senior.

I also feel my time in the barrel has earned me the rights I currently enjoy.

The system will no doubt change, but it should do so very slowly so that those like me can enjoy what we earned and not get penalized twice, one for being junior, and again for being senior.

With the logic above, if you spent time in a Mexican prison it would earn you the "right" to gang r*pe someone in the shower at the gym.

You have proven your selfishness by the statement that things should change but only after you have gotten yours, a second time. I do agree that it is now law, and my beef is with the idiots that passed this law, but like a spoiled child you gloat and brag that this is now a "right" that you somehow earned. I would have more respect if you simply just said it is now the law and it is what is best for myself and my family.

I hope that you enjoy the extra 5 years.

Last edited:
With the logic above, if you spent time in a Mexican prison it would earn you the "right" to gang r*pe someone in the shower at the gym.

You have proven your selfishness by the statement that things should change but only after you have gotten yours, a second time. I do agree that it is now law, and my beef is with the idiots that passed this law, but like a spoiled child you gloat and brag that this is now a "right" that you somehow earned. I would have more respect if you simply just said it is now the law and it is what is best for myself and my family.

I hope that you enjoy the extra 5 years.

I don't think we're discussing the same thing. I wasn't addressing the rise in mandatory retirement age, though I can see where it helps some. I haven't decided what I'll do when the time comes, assuming our CBA retains age 60 as the "normal" retirement age. Consider though that there is a certain incentive to remain beyond 60 if possible for many if not most pilots. If I do stay beyond 60 it will be to close (but not eliminate) the gap between my ability to collect SS benefits and retain medical insurance coverage for my family and myself. The real problem for us, all of us, is the stagnation/shrinkage of our airline. Welcome to the airline industry.

BTW, your logic is seriously flawed. The ability to "gang rape" someone in any prison has little to do with laws and rules.

So if ABX is JR'Manning and you guys are short pilots when do they expect to hire? I know if says that they are hiring on line but from recent posts it sounds like there has only been one class of 4 for Japan and nothing for Wilmington.

Thanks

So if ABX is JR'Manning and you guys are short pilots when do they expect to hire? I know if says that they are hiring on line but from recent posts it sounds like there has only been one class of 4 for Japan and nothing for Wilmington.

Thanks

I would not hold my breath waiting on ABX to hire. Until they start cancelling flights for DHL due to lack of crews, they are viewing every night that they do not cancel any as a stunning success and credit to their wisdom in crew planning.

They are already cancelling flights for charters due to lack of crews, but for some reason, that doesn't seem to count.

As long as guys continue to answer their phone for JRM assignments, do 15 days of overtime a month, and cut deals with schedulers to make everything work, why should they hire?:puke:

Couple this with the fact of the upcoming surpluses out of the DC-8 here in a few weeks, I just don't see any hiring.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, the geezer law. That's REALLY gonna help the movement out here.:puke:

Further, in my opinion, I look for the company to quit playing Mr. Nice Guy with the KIX domicile. They said they don't want to force anyone over there that doesn't want to go, but if the company perceives themselves to be adequately or marginally overstaffed, I look for that policy to change as well further stifling any hopes of more hiring.

These are strictly my opinions and granted I am not privy to the "Big Picture". Maybe (hopefully) there is something going on behind the scenes in the positive for us.

Last edited:
Was just looking for some insight out there from those at ABX. Got a call today for a January KIX class or a Febuary ? class of something. What's going on with KIX? Or anything else there for that matter, other than overtime, I taketh, I don't.

Milo,

don't have any firm info, but things look like we need people, obviously for KIX and I think for ILN 9 FO too.
Many junior mans every night...

Good luck.

Was just looking for some insight out there from those at ABX. Got a call today for a January KIX class or a Febuary ? class of something. What's going on with KIX? Or anything else there for that matter, other than overtime, I taketh, I don't.
If they offer you the DC-9, you would be financially better off than trying to live in Japan on first year pay. You also wouldn't have to be worried about being stranded there if you couldn't hold a bid position in the US after 2 years. ABX won't let you "downbid" back to the DC-9, so you would have to be able to hold a Miami or Wilmington 767 bid.

And bidding back to ILN in any seat would be a long wait. You would probably be stuck in KIX for much longer than 2 years.

I think there is going to be a -9 class in Feb, not sure if it will be full of 8 surpluses or not.

Latest resources

Back