• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Hiring!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't make too much of it, these are the same yahoos that have said we were adequately staffed for so long. Besides, when has any airline offered the job at the interview!?! Generally it is several weeks later.

Believe it or not... the last job my boyfriend was offered (regionals) was actually offered to him the same day, if informally. BUT he was over-qual'd too, and they needed to fill some slots quickly.

Thanks for the response, appreciate your insight.

My chief pilot said 7 were interviewed but no one was actually hired. Semantics?

I think the point is the were pleased with the results of the first round of interviews. "would like to see 20 in class this year 60 to 80 next year". I will not bother to say who said that then maybe we will not have so much he said she said discussion.

Did "they" give any ideas on class dates for the 20 this year? I know "they" wanted KIX up and running ASAP, any ideas on training?

I believe the next captain class in scheduled for the 29th. Not sure if they could get any newhires into indoc and then into the 767 class for KIX. Not sure but I would make sense if it was for 4 F/O's that way an F/O would go through with a captain. Will have to wait and see.

My chief pilot said 7 were interviewed but no one was actually hired. Semantics?

The left hand often seems not to speak to the right. Timing may also be an issue. The decision may have been made after you spoke to "your chief pilot".

You originally indicated in the morning so...

Is yesterday current enough?

not if "Nitef8tdog" spoke to him last night.

So long as we do actually hire I could really care less who is right here. I was simply trying to offer some plausible reasons why your info is different from others.

You originally indicated in the morning so...

not if "Nitef8tdog" spoke to him last night.

So long as we do actually hire I could really care less who is right here. I was simply trying to offer some plausible reasons why your info is different from others.

You are assuming that statements from management are 1. logical to begin with 2. Informed at any juncture 3. not meant to confuse or deceive all the time. But you are right, as long as we bring people on and our furloughees back, it doesn't matter who is correct. I just thought it ironic that two people are told two different things hours apart. Is it possible that two chief pilots in the same time zone had an original thought and actually spoke up? Or.. is the master puppeteer pulling strings.

anyone have any feedback from the interviews?

Also would like to know what the interview was like.

You are assuming that statements from management are 1. logical to begin with 2. Informed at any juncture 3. not meant to confuse or deceive all the time. .

Not really. There are many reasons why the info could be different some of which you also mention. For example, the "chief pilot" could have been told one thing in the morning by his boss, another in the afternoon. Just trying (uncharacteristically perhaps :) ) trying to pour oil on troubled waters.

But you are right, as long as we bring people on and our furloughees back, it doesn't matter who is correct. I just thought it ironic that two people are told two different things hours apart. Is it possible that two chief pilots in the same time zone had an original thought and actually spoke up? Or.. is the master puppeteer pulling strings.

I don't know for certain they are capable of original thought. I sometimes think so, then they seem to prove me wrong. I also believe they have more authority than most believe but don't exercise it for fear of being overruled and punished by the Bob's.

Latest resources

Back