ABX furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>3) This is illegal, STOP or we will take you to court<<

Amazing how Hete's eagle-eyed lawyers can spot an "illegal" violation of the status quo when someone other than Hete commits one. PLEASE take us to court!

So what will come of negotiations this week? Will the company come to the table prepared to seriously negotiate, or will it be there usual dog and pony show....?

It seems to target some specific provisions of the contract such as pay and junior manning. I received an email yesterday with the link to the online survey.

June Open Flying

I counted 9 pilots who bid June trips. 17 more had OPF next to their names, but those were May trips which carried over into June, they were probably bid and awarded at the end of April. The June bid packages listed 548 line pilots bidding (not including the 10 furloughed), so about 1.5% bid OPF for June by my count.

BTW, I disagree with naming any individuals, whether management or line types. I know that most here refrain from doing that and I hope the rest will follow suit in the future.

Last edited:
I will be looking on the computer to see if anyone I fly with has an OPF trip. I can assure you it will be discussed on the leg down and back on why someone feels the need to whore themselves out during this critical time during negotiations. I will not even touch on the moral issue of guys being on the street, but keep to the main issue of negotiations / status quo violations. I can only hope the poor slob tells me he cannot afford to go 8 weeks without OPF money. That way we will get to review the idea of living below ones means............

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back