• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will be looking on the computer to see if anyone I fly with has an OPF trip. I can assure you it will be discussed on the leg down and back on why someone feels the need to whore themselves out during this critical time during negotiations. I will not even touch on the moral issue of guys being on the street, but keep to the main issue of negotiations / status quo violations. I can only hope the poor slob tells me he cannot afford to go 8 weeks without OPF money. That way we will get to review the idea of living below ones means............

I wish there were more "Stand Up" guys like you.

It was either 8 or 9 guys who bid OPF. (Can't figure out what the deal is with the one who got OPF trips in the KIX "domicile" that we don't have.)

2 DC9 CA
1 DC9 FO
3 767 CA (Maybe 4)
2 767 FO
0 DC8 CA/FO/FE
0 MIA CA/FO

I cannot believe that somebody not only bid OPF, but volunteered outside the CBA to do it in KIX.

WOW! I hope there is more to this story.......I have flown with the individual, so for now he gets the benifit of doubt. Hope he has a good explanation!

Just read Hete's letter to the crews. Not a single mention of them violating our current contract. I guess when you tell them long enough, you really do start believing your own lies.

I guess maybe he is right, he has done nothing but grow the company, right, so lets just let him keep steering the ship.

Keep it up, it is obviously killing them...

The OPF awarded to the one Captain in KIX may, or may not be, actual OPF. That's just the code that they used to add the trips to his schedule. Maybe he "agreed" to fly on off days while he's over there (doing IOE?) for extra money? That would be OPF. Maybe they just added the trips using the wrong code. That would not be OPF. If anyone talks to him ask him what it is.

The KIX trips are not compliant with our current contact as they do not begin and end at a domicile. They are in the computer as though they were out of a KIX domicile but, of course, we have no such domicile. These individual "trips" need to be built into full blocks of KIX flying which include the commercial deadheads to/from ILN. The company just hasn't done that step yet.

Yeah, also heard they are jumpseating guys from ILN to PDX then ANC then commercialing them to KIX. and they are giving people days off in KIX too. They wonder why...

Yeah, also heard they are jumpseating guys from ILN to PDX then ANC then commercialing them to KIX. and they are giving people days off in KIX too. They wonder why...

The ILN-PDX-ANC DH's were to put a crew into position for the 767 starting flying ANC-ILN-ANC daily. It was to start this weekend, but was moved up to last weekend. The Stewards have not had any reports of crews being flown commercially from ANC-KIX. The two a/c over there did fly to and layover in ANC then on to KIX.

As far as the days off, the schedules for some do indeed show non-flying days as "off", but a day out of Domicile is by no means an Off day. Any crewmember not receiveing 15/14 days off in ILN is due additional pay and below 13, restoration days. I'm not aware of any issue with this not being the case yet, but were that to be the case it would be aggressively fought.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back