• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, I just want everyone to stay together. So far it has been a strong showing. Let's not let 2% of the group be our focus but rather the other 98%.

When we start throwing bombs at some folks there will be colateral damage and the group will start to splinter. Focus on what is working and how we can make it work better, not on these little sideshows that really have very little bearing on the outcome.

If we try hard to understand and support everyone's sacrifice regardless of how large or small then we will have a better opportunity of sticking together and achieving our goals that will benefit everyone.

Last edited:
"there was no mention of July "

What do you mean there was no mention of July???

Do you think anyone is or should proclaim they are making a personal decision for every week or month of the year!? We do this until the required results are achieved.

Anyone who says well "they didn't mention any other months," is deceiving themselves, not anyone else. They are pre-rationalizing their future breaking away from the pack.

We ALL do it together, for as LONG as it takes. If you don't support your brothers, don't expect them to support you later should you need some help. I don't want to hear any crap[ about it didn't work before or Capt. XX will bid it anyway.

YOU do the Right thing because it is the Right thing to do.

Do you think anyone is or should proclaim they are making a personal decision for every week or month of the year!? We do this until the required results are achieved.

Anyone who says well "they didn't mention any other months," is deceiving themselves, not anyone else. They are pre-rationalizing their future breaking away from the pack.

We ALL do it together, for as LONG as it takes. If you don't support your brothers, don't expect them to support you later should you need some help. I don't want to hear any crap[ about it didn't work before or Capt. XX will bid it anyway.

Never a truer statement made in this thread.

As a truely unified group, we can achieve positive results. Stay the course boys.

Preach on brother, right on!:D

I don't see this "voluntary" opf abstention working when we have 22 crewmembers systemwide "voluntarily" bidding approx. 86 days of opf.

Those with seven or more days: G. Brown 8 days, Leighton 8 days, Mahonen 7 days , Walke 18, 18 days?

Don't forget R. Peterson 7 days (we knew that would happen).

Plenty more with a few here and there. Surprising no. of FOs participating.

I don't see this "voluntary" opf abstention working when we have 22 crewmembers systemwide "voluntarily" bidding approx. 86 days of opf.

Those with seven or more days: G. Brown 8 days, Leighton 8 days, Mahonen 7 days , Walke 18, 18 days?

Don't forget R. Peterson 7 days (we knew that would happen).

Plenty more with a few here and there. Surprising no. of FOs participating.

Now where did I put my Prep H?

I really have to compliment Joe on the 2 page letter he wrote to all crew members. It is actually well crafted.

The jist is:
1) I don't understand why you are doing this

2) You are about to screw everything up

3) Furloughs are just a business decision

4) You guys need to behave and we can hold hands and work together

5) Please bid over time

The version sent to Ross was more strongly written

1) I don't understand why you are doing this

2) You are about to screw everything up

3) This is illegal, STOP or we will take you to court

4) Everyone, including the Eboard, should bid over time

Given the long list of major contract violations this might be one time we want to be taken to court.

I would not be surprised if we have a TA next Friday night. But gentlemen don't do any backflips, the TA has numerous turds in it and will need to be voted down. So our negotiators can unscrew some of the junk the agreed to and even proposed themselves.

3) Furloughs are just a business decision

Explain that to one of the ten guys that just had there life demoliished for the second or third time.

If furloughs are a business decision, Joe needs to go to business school. They are the most short sighted, least cost affective, morale destroying move that can be made. Jo is a meadicore accountant, not a corporate business leader. Now it shows!

This was a dumb move on his part. The letter proves it. Let him reap the benifits of his and the bobbleheads awesome decision making.

What do they say, you made the bed, now sleep in it.....

Last edited:
I haven't seen the letter, I suppose it was posted in ILN? Probably be in my mailbox on Monday. I did get my nifty new Teamster's lanyard, though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back