• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ABX Flight Control

Duster41 said:
Shooter:
I haven't worked for abx but been dispaching for 6 years now. I know of dispatchers from my office that went on to ABX with less then 1 year exp. also have heard that it wasn't the best place to work. A few came back and a few went on to other things.I believe it takes a good 2 years of dispatching to get the hang of it. I also believe everyone has a right to their opinion and if KittyHawk thinks its a bad experience there then someone who worked their needs to debate the blog. I haven't seen a perfect dispatch office yet, so I assume ABX has some problems like my office does...

Hey Duster:)

I have been at ABX for as long as you have been Dispatching. I would like to know who you know that was hired in ABX as a Dispatcher with less than 1 year of experience. We do not have much turn over and pretty much know where all the Dispatchers are and what they are doing now. Maybe someone is not telling you the whole truth.
I agree it does take time to feel ..... well lets use the term "less stressed" in the Dispatch seat. Some take less time others take longer, depends on the person.
I Believe I know who KittyHawk is, so TRUST me when I say the claims are without merit. Thats why the leaving 2 years ago thing keeps being asked by me, to try and get him to tell the truth. But you are right, he is entitled to his opinion, but state it that way and we can take this blog to a whole new level if he wants.
And lastly, Why does everyone get the idea I do not work for ABX? I thought that was pretty clear in my original post by the fact I used I and we when talking about the place. And yes, ABX does have its problems and I said that it did. We try to solve them and make it a better place to work. We try to present solutions with the problems. Sometimes they get fixed, sometimes they don't. But we all try to work together. Most of the problems are out of our control so we deal with them best we can. It is NOT perfect, but it is not bad.
Unless you work for a cargo carrier, you really do not know how different the job is when you compare it to the passenger side. Apples and oranges, they are both fruit but different. I started my Dispatch career in the 121 passenger side and worked for a couple of cargo carriers and currently happy at ABX. I happen to like 121 cargo, so I have no plans on going back to the passenger side. Plus how many other Dispatch offices do you know that requires each Dispatcher to get an NOAA weather observers license? ABX does and is the only one I know of. We have good people, I hope you get a chance to verify that.
When we do have a public opening I hope all qualified and quality candidates apply. Do not listen KittyHawk, it is not a bad place to work and hope someone such as yourself would consider ABX if you are looking for another employer.
:beer:

I think all that Shooter is trying to say is that for someone who only worked at ABX for a few months and was never even checked out on the dispatch desk to blast the DX group is wrong. How could he possibly have any idea what it is like to work here when he never interacted with anyone.

I have been dispatching for about 10 years and have been around. This is not a bad place to work.

My Response Shooter (Mark)

Well I know that everyone has been waiting for me to say what I need to say so here it is:

Well Shooter I was checked out at ABX Air and I did dispatch flights there so you can stop the myth on that one. ABX Air is a place that does not spend money on anything. The reason all the dispatchers there have to get their NOAA cert is because they are too damn lazy to get it automated. They use sabre as a flight planning system. The famous saying is "Sabre doesent do that for you." Well Shooter and ABXDX I beg to differ the reason Sabre doesn't do it for you id because the Clown wont pay for Sabre to do it.

Why are you the only dispatch office in the country that does not automatically archive releases? Why must you print out every release that you do and then have to hand write amendments? Because the damn clown you got running that place does not care about dispatchers. Yes you know who the clown is.

Why do you have to put a runway on every release you do? What Sabre does not do that for you Mark (Shooter)? Or is that Ken T has so much BS in his head from the clown that he cant think straight?

I encourge anyone who wants their QOL messed up to go to ABX Air. You will work the back side of the clock you will have 3 days off none of which are in not in a row and you will work one day nights one day overnight and one day days. You will be at the bottom of the senority list for the next five years. You still using that little refrigerator? And the microwave that cant even pop popcorn?

Bottom line if you want some Sabre experience and Flight Explorer experience go there to ABX Air and then get out and use it somewhere else. When is Mr. Clown leaving, hopefully soon. Wonder why DL kicked his sorry a** out?

The ASOS is automated you idiot! The reason the dispatcher has a NOAA certificate is because we are a private airport and if something was to happen to the ASOS, which has happened we will do manual observations.

We will be going to Lido flight planning system next year. And the problems we have with Sabre have been here forever, way before the current manager was here.

The FAA mandates that we put runways on flight plans!

As far as the schedule, the last time I checked you don't walk into any job and get the best shift they offer. You have to pay your dues!!!!!

Are you serious about the fridge and the microwave? I am not even going to respond to that one.

If you had been here longer than a minute you might know some of this stuff!!!!

Have fun making 12.50 an hour at Shuttle America.

Do they have a full size fridge?

ABX DX grow up

First get your facts right I am working at United not Shuttle America so you can enjoy your money that you are making at ABX cause that is as far as you will ever get.

Lido yeah right....The Clown has been talking about that for the last 4 years why dont you go into his office and talk to him from time to time oh I forgot that a**hole is never there to talk to.

Why dont you put your money your money together there at ABX and buy a new fridge and buy the clown out.

I didnt say that you walk into a company and get the best schedule but it would be nice to have a half descent schedule once in your life.

Dont worry I will leave a space open for you here at the wonderful UA I am glad that I left there 2 years ago best thing I ever did was leave that damn place.....

The reason the dispatchers have to get the NOAA cert is because the clown wants it that way. How many times does the asos go out of service at a real airport? Hmm never... But remember ILN isnt a real airport.

How long before DHL realizes that ABX is just a pain in their but....I hear Astar could use some new planes. Those 767's would work well in their fleet. Cause God knows no one wants those DC-8's and DC-9's come one grow up ABX. Ever heard of 777? 747? Hmm UA is the best airline out there. Let me know when you are ready to put in your resume I will put in a good word for you, ABXDX.

Kittyhawk1048 said:
Well I know that everyone has been waiting for me to say what I need to say so here it is:

Well Shooter I was checked out at ABX Air and I did dispatch flights there so you can stop the myth on that one. ABX Air is a place that does not spend money on anything. The reason all the dispatchers there have to get their NOAA cert is because they are too dang lazy to get it automated. They use sabre as a flight planning system. The famous saying is "Sabre doesent do that for you." Well Shooter and ABXDX I beg to differ the reason Sabre doesn't do it for you id because the Clown wont pay for Sabre to do it.

Why are you the only dispatch office in the country that does not automatically archive releases? Why must you print out every release that you do and then have to hand write amendments? Because the dang clown you got running that place does not care about dispatchers. Yes you know who the clown is.

Why do you have to put a runway on every release you do? What Sabre does not do that for you Mark (Shooter)? Or is that Ken T has so much BS in his head from the clown that he cant think straight?

I encourge anyone who wants their QOL messed up to go to ABX Air. You will work the back side of the clock you will have 3 days off none of which are in not in a row and you will work one day nights one day overnight and one day days. You will be at the bottom of the senority list for the next five years. You still using that little refrigerator? And the microwave that cant even pop popcorn?

Bottom line if you want some Sabre experience and Flight Explorer experience go there to ABX Air and then get out and use it somewhere else. When is Mr. Clown leaving, hopefully soon. Wonder why DL kicked his sorry a** out?

I thought you were gone skippy! You have been gone long enough to go down to Mexico, get a deep tissue massage and back.
WHEWWW That’s a lot of response to not even answer the question ….. How long did you work for ABX?
I believe abxdx answered most of your concerns. But to quit a job because of a refrigerator and a microwave….you have got to be kidding me.
So you say you are at UAL now? Still say you left 2 years ago? Stick to that story slick.

Did you go by comair1048 before? Are you just lying through your teeth or are someone else?

Kittyhawk1048 said:
Why are you the only dispatch office in the country that does not automatically archive releases? Why must you print out every release that you do and then have to hand write amendments?

fedex prints all releases and hand writes amendments on these releases.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back