• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX 1224 I'm confused......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
About 1hour 2 min. in to the call Hete says he's going to go to Germany and try and get job security basically AFTER the TA vote? So if it doesn't work out and the TA is ratified what then? I'm confused. Maybe it's too late and moot now but was just wondering. It didn't sound too smart.

[FONT=&quot]http://www.earnings.com/conferencecallhost.asp?event=2539575&client=cb[/FONT]

Dear confused,
It is good to know we have so much concern about our contract from those that couldn't see the pitfalls in their own thru the dollar signs in front of them. I have to ask why do you even care?

Dear confused,
It is good to know we have so much concern about our contract from those that couldn't see the pitfalls in their own thru the dollar signs in front of them. I have to ask why do you even care?

FB, that beats some the statements from Nitey.

We're curious as to how low you'll take the profession.

Let's see...1224 negotiating job security with DHL...1224 negotiating scope with DHL.. I do believe that has been tried before. DHL(a 49% owner of Astar) was sharpening it's knife during negotiations with our group.

I can hear it now, "Mucklehead and 1224 said it wouldn't happen to us"...yeah, right!

Dear confused,

FB,

I don't think any Astar folks are showing any less "caring" about your contract negotiations, as ABX did when we were in ours. Need I go find the appropriate threads that we all know I'm referring to?

Pay cuts seem minimal. Some work rule changes. Still the best in the ACMI market, as far as I know. All falls apart if the company is told to pound sand by DHL. At least thats how I understand it. You guys are right. DHL gave a sweet deal while sharpening the knife. Seems the best part was the protection that is keeping the guys in the parked aircraft still on payroll and insurance. Others may disagree, thats just my take on it.

FB, that beats some the statements from Nitey.

We're curious as to how low you'll take the profession.

Let's see...1224 negotiating job security with DHL...1224 negotiating scope with DHL.. I do believe that has been tried before. DHL(a 49% owner of Astar) was sharpening it's knife during negotiations with our group.

I can hear it now, "Mucklehead and 1224 said it wouldn't happen to us"...yeah, right!

fob...."that beats some the".... PRICELESS!

Last edited:
While we are at it, and this is for anyone out there. Could someone name One Single commitment DHL has signed and then honored? I think they honored the contract with the trucking company on the move to CVG and even that is in dispute already. :)

On another note, If DHL does pull out of CVG eventually as some have said they may with the speed pack option, what then? Maybe you can borrow our "domestic network" clause. Of course, once Schenker and DHL merge it will get messy.

Dear confused,

ATSG is becoming the Republic Holdings version of the freight industry

Got to get back to flippin' my burgers here at the In n Out Burger. Glad I make more than an ABX FO.

-Victor

While we are at it, and this is for anyone out there. Could someone name One Single commitment DHL has signed and then honored? I think they honored the contract with the trucking company on the move to CVG and even that is in dispute already. :)

On another note, If DHL does pull out of CVG eventually as some have said they may with the speed pack option, what then? Maybe you can borrow our "domestic network" clause. Of course, once Schenker and DHL merge it will get messy.

And just as important... does anyone out there remember the last time the Minnesota Twins won the World Series?

ATSG is becoming the Republic Holdings version of the freight industry

Got to get back to flippin' my burgers here at the In n Out Burger. Glad I make more than an ABX FO.

-Victor
You obviously have NO idea what an ABX FO makes. If I am wrong and you are making more at burger shop, can I send you my resume?

Latest resources

Back