• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX 1224 how low will you go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You don't really think a few new hires waiting to be recalled could get your management to change your Home Basing policy do you? It would seem you have other things alot bigger to worry about. The ABX pilots saw an easy commute with 100+ stations turn into a commute nightmare with 14 ABX/DHL cities. We have pilots driving 10 and 12 hours to work to avoid having to jumpseat. ABX has quite a few trips that commercial on one or both ends, they disappear fast and go very senior.We heard rumors of Home Basing during this contract fight but it never happened. It was said on another post you would fight for continued Home Basing...the question is what will you give up? Pay, days off etc. Anything can be had for a price.

We already have home basing (except for MIA) and we've already taken a hit on pay for it. To give up something just to keep our home basing would be concessionary and we're not going to do that.

And yes, a few new hires have already damaged our cause by bidding the MIA base and therefore locking themselves into that base. Had no one bid it management would have had to pay for a 767 type rating every time a home based DC-8 position became available and they had to assign someone new to the base because the person previously assigned would take the option of being home based. It would have made the base financially unfeasible.

As another poster said- there are two different philosophies when it comes to basing and pay. I would think the Cappy folks wouldn't be to eager to give up home basing either.

Last edited:
so ati leaving the teamsters, that was "love"? Believe me, we had enough alpa love from astar! Don't shackle apa 1224 with gene sewel's baggage.

The atsg board of directors dictate who the respective airlines will hire.

Facts are facts. Joe hete and abx air bought chi. Peter fox is enjoying retirement. It's a bold new acmi world for us all.

I hope we can all work together.

they may be able to dictate who, but for how much is another story. If you get the chance, physical challenge, just pass and walkaway

Now that ATSG knows that your home basing is so important to you, you might a s well kiss it goodbye!

I haven't had to Bow and Curtsy to some Lame A$$ Mainline or Commuter crew to get to work for 10 years (no offense meant, just making a point). And we will fight for that privilege in our next contract!
Hmmmmm.....

I can see how some "Lame A$$ Mainline or Commuter crew" might not ask you to "Bow and Curtsy" after reading that.

They'll just say "no"

Just sayin', that's all...

I suppose that any ABX guys/gals who decide to come to ATI would have to resign,withdraw from Teamsters 1224 and join ALPA...Would they also expect to keep recall rights in case "the big bucks airline" found an opening for them? This is a mess...Any opinions on how this would work? Or should we just shut up and do as we are are told? (we aren't real good at doing that)...

I see how this going to work now...We pay the bills while you wait for ACMI aircraft to be finished..Plus we provide lower paying jobs for those of you who are furloughed.And you get to keep your seniority for pay,vacations, etc....What a deal..Two different seniority lists, two different uniforms, two different unions (both of whom will be working hard to protect your intrests)...I'll bet you will continue to accrue seniority at ABX while on sabbatical to ATI...

Not that it matters, but the vast majority of ABX furloughees will NEVER be recalled. So, if one should hire on at ATI via the contract provision, how is that any different than applying and being hired notwithstanding such a provision?

I suppose that any ABX guys/gals who decide to come to ATI would have to resign,withdraw from Teamsters 1224 and join ALPA...Would they also expect to keep recall rights in case "the big bucks airline" found an opening for them? This is a mess...Any opinions on how this would work? Or should we just shut up and do as we are are told? (we aren't real good at doing that)...

You will not see anybody resign at ABX, take a pay cut by choice probably not going to happen. And yes when you get furloughed from one arline you join the next airlines union. Not that uncommon. Most airlines also offer recall rights. This would all happen after any pilots at ATI or Capitol that were furloughed have been recalled so why all the heartburn? ASTG is the one who would pay the costs. It is not like it is coming out of your pocket.

We already have home basing (except for MIA) and we've already taken a hit on pay for it. To give up something just to keep our home basing would be concessionary and we're not going to do that.

And yes, a few new hires have already damaged our cause by bidding the MIA base and therefore locking themselves into that base. Had no one bid it management would have had to pay for a 767 type rating every time a home based DC-8 position became available and they had to assign someone new to the base because the person previously assigned would take the option of being home based. It would have made the base financially unfeasible.

As another poster said- there are two different philosophies when it comes to basing and pay. I would think the Cappy folks wouldn't be to eager to give up home basing either.

If you want it bad enough you will pay one way or another. Even if it means a smaller pay increase to have home basing it will cost somthing.

Latest resources

Back