ABC News Federal Air Marshals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
Maybe they should contract the Air Marshals out to Wackenhut? Over time, the Marshals will appear to look like the average Southwest Airlines passenger, so even though they might not be as good as we'd like FAM's to be, you won't notice them anyway.

LOL or we could get the EG&G guys contracted for security like they are in other places :)

PacoPollo said:
Tim Mcveigh born and bread in the usa!

Actually, he was born and BRED. I haven't head of Mr McVeigh being turned into a food item, but I could be mistaken...

I also seem to recall that Mr McVeigh never rushed a cockpit. Something to do with Ammonia and Diesel fuel and a bit of anger about Waco TX, but nothing re: Hijacking an airliner, so this may be an apples to oranges comparison.

BTW, I knew people who died in that building on that day.

Last edited:
AerroMatt said:
Actually, he was born and BRED. I haven't head of Mr McVeigh being turned into a food item, but I could be mistaken...

LOL well he must be BREAD because hes going to be toasted.

aussiefly said:
LOL well he must be BREAD because hes going to be toasted.

Uh, wasn't he executed several years ago?

WMUSIGPI said:
Kick'em in the Jimmy then cover them in bacon bits... that will teach them. Instead of 72 virgins they get Bubba the butt pirate.

LMFAO!!! GREAT ONE!!!

AerroMatt said:
Uh, wasn't he executed several years ago?

OMG ROFL that shows how out of the loop with current affairs I am :(

My defence is that I wasnt in the U.S when they finally did the deed.

:)

No problemo, dude. I can't remember exactly when he assumed room temperature, but I think it was in the late '90s. His appeals didn't last long. A very misguided fellow, I'm afraid.

twinbeech said:
If they don't identify themselves to the crew, how the heck are we supposed to tell the difference between them and the bad guys? For that matter, how are the pax supposed to know? What I mean is that is some bad juju really does go down, how do the pax and crew not jump the good guys? In a tense situation if they can't get their badges out fast enough, things could take a bad turn quickly.

How would the pax's now anyway not to jump a FAM, they do not know they are even on board now anyways. As for the FA's in the cabin, I would hope common sense would tell you which guy was the bad guy, (it is the one with the bomb, or the weopon trying to get into the cockpit).

From a pilots point of view, it really doesn't matter if you know they are on board or not. You are not going to come out of the cockpit for any reason anyway.

NTXPilot said:
But I want everything that can be done to protect the flying public to be done.
Are you, and the rest of the taxpayers, willing to pay the bill? As soon as folks see what it costs to "do everything we can", many opt for the more effective things. I'm not eye-poking here. Just reminding that many options cost a bunch, and I'd like to be reasonably sure that it is an option that makes a difference.

Last edited:
NTXPILOT said:
But I want everything that can be done to protect the flying public to be done.
Phalanx weapon systems on skyskrapers, that will keep airliners on the outside where they belong.

Latest resources

Back