• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABC News Federal Air Marshals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe they should make a game out of it. Give or rent some passengers paintball guns and let them see if they can paintball the air marshal.

Make it real sporting, if the passenger paintballs the marshal, the passenger gets a voucher for free drink. If the passenger paintballs a terroist, he gets a free pass for the next flight. If the passenger paintballs a passenger, the paintballer has to buy the whole flight a round.

Not to get too off topic here, but...

I don't know about you folks, but if I'm on an airplane that's being hijacked (with or without an air marshall) I would think ~nowadays~ that every passenger, myself included, would fight blood, tooth, and nails to the very end. I think this has been reflected in a few cases since 9/11 with crazy drunks/psychotics rushing the flight deck and being subdued by passengers.

g

Last edited:
Agree completely. But I want everything that can be done to protect the flying public to be done. It doesn't sound like things are working as they should.

Grove said:
Not to get too off topic here, but...

I don't know about you folks, but if I'm on an airplane that's being hijacked (with or without an air marshall) I would think ~nowadays~ that every passenger, myself included, would fight blood, tooth, and nails to the very end. I think this has been reflected in a few cases since 9/11 with crazy drunks/psychotics rushing the flight deck and being subdued by passengers.

g
The best thing about hindsight is that it has 20/20 vision.

avbug said:
I'm sure plenty know?

Yeah, what I was sayin was I'm sure plenty of people are now aware of the weaknesses of the program through the widespread reporting of it in the media. Hopefully, this will bring about some changes. Probably not, but worth a shot.

Latest resources

Back