ABC News Federal Air Marshals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NTXPilot said:
Yeah, what I was sayin was I'm sure plenty of people are now aware of the weaknesses of the program through the widespread reporting of it in the media. Hopefully, this will bring about some changes. Probably not, but worth a shot.
Maybe they should contract the Air Marshals out to Wackenhut? Over time, the Marshals will appear to look like the average Southwest Airlines passenger, so even though they might not be as good as we'd like FAM's to be, you won't notice them anyway.

If they don't identify themselves to the crew, how the heck are we supposed to tell the difference between them and the bad guys? For that matter, how are the pax supposed to know? What I mean is that is some bad juju really does go down, how do the pax and crew not jump the good guys? In a tense situation if they can't get their badges out fast enough, things could take a bad turn quickly.

Last edited:
We don't need air marshalls. A waste of money. The only protection needed could be accomplished by issuing every male passenger over the age of 21 a nice, sharp +3" pocket knife. Let's see someone try to hijack THAT airplane.

Kick'em in the Jimmy then cover them in bacon bits... that will teach them. Instead of 72 virgins they get Bubba the butt pirate.

WMUSIGPI said:
Kick'em in the Jimmy then cover them in bacon bits... that will teach them.
You just want to toss thumeone's salad, you diesel demon you.

big_al said:
the terrarists are smart now, they will dress up as white guys and never be bothered

When's the last time a "white guy" attempted to hijack an airliner? Last time I checked all the cockpit breaches were by arab males.

inline said:
When's the last time a "white guy" attempted to hijack an airliner? Last time I checked all the cockpit breaches were by arab males.

White males have rushed the cockpit before and after 9/11.

Just for the record, there ARE white terrorists.

CE

Latest resources

Back