• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I forget the rules but have called schedules/SWAPA when a duties to cover issue/question has come up...

The union wants to negotiate a B fund, and possibly use profit sharing as a bargaining chip...the contractual limit for company 401k

Oops, anyway as I was saying, contractual 401k match limit is 25k...P/S does not count towards this limit...so a Cappy making can reach the FED tax deferred limits by working extra in a good profit year...

Why don't we talk about why you can't trade a 4 day trip for another 4 day trip on the same days, but it will not let you if the days are red? Or if any day is red you can't touch that trip. Or the limit of how many times you drop days. Think the limit is 4 days a month.

Why can't we drop a trip if all days are green?

Are the former AirTran guys there bringing this crap up to swapa? Do southwest pilots not think that's ridiculous? Is it falling on deaf ears? I would think that quality of life issues like the ones above would be paramount.

Are the former AirTran guys there bringing this crap up to swapa? Do southwest pilots not think that's ridiculous? Is it falling on deaf ears? I would think that quality of life issues like the ones above would be paramount.

SWAPA wanted DTC. It, along with other QOL restrictions, was touted as a SWAPA "gain" in the TA1 Swapaganda papers.

DTC protects the open time so there is more for the 1%ers.

Much of the scheduling section of the contract is written purely so senior guys can get POT. Period. If it doesn't enhance the 1%er's chance of getting more open time, SWAPA is not interested in it.

SWAPA wanted DTC. It, along with other QOL restrictions, was touted as a SWAPA "gain" in the TA1 Swapaganda papers.

DTC protects the open time so there is more for the 1%ers.

Much of the scheduling section of the contract is written purely so senior guys can get POT. Period. If it doesn't enhance the 1%er's chance of getting more open time, SWAPA is not interested in it.

And so it should be. If the mantra is "let no SWAPA pilot be harmed" then it follows to ensure the super-senior gobble the most pie. Relax, some crumbs will fall for you to partake.

And so it should be. If the mantra is "let no SWAPA pilot be harmed" then it follows to ensure the super-senior gobble the most pie. Relax, some crumbs will fall for you to partake.

The mantra has never been "let no swapa pilot be harmed", at least not in practice.

I am senior to most, if not all of the FI regulars, and the "crumbs" rarely reach my level. Hopefully, we'll be more aware this time around, but I am not holding my breath.

The mantra has never been "let no swapa pilot be harmed", at least not in practice.

I am senior to most, if not all of the FI regulars, and the "crumbs" rarely reach my level. Hopefully, we'll be more aware this time around, but I am not holding my breath.

This sounds very familiar. At FL, during the times of "fast and furious upgrade", the mantra used to be, "You'll be a Captain for a lot longer than an First Officer, so that's where you want to the most gains to be", and "you'll only be on reserve a few months, don't waste negotiating capital there".

Then, growth slowed, no, wait, stopped. And, suddenly, all of these "temporary pains" became permanent pain for two-thirds of the Pilots.

Hopefully, enough of the OSW Pilots will have sampled the joys of a growthless period enough to realign the Contract priorities with the new reality. It would be a big plus for most if the better parts of the FL Contract were examined, there were some good things in there for Junior guys, be they Capt or FO.

Being able to drop trips, drop a reserve day, choosing your own training days, etc. are some good example. Being paid from L1 door close to L1 door open was a gem that hardly anyone else had.

Regds,
Ty

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back